Music help

jennie1974

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have a samsung galaxy s3 and I am having issues with music. So much so that I deleted everything. Anyway, I am using the g-tunes app from google play and I downloaded 2 songs. Once I download music I get so mad after that. What do I do! I cant find them I dont know how to set up a playlist.. nothing. My question is what do I do right after I download a song from g-tunes. How do I move it and how do I find out what is on my sd card??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jenn

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I have a samsung galaxy s3 and I am having issues with music. So much so that I deleted everything. Anyway, I am using the g-tunes app from google play and I downloaded 2 songs. Once I download music I get so mad after that. What do I do! I cant find them I dont know how to set up a playlist.. nothing. My question is what do I do right after I download a song from g-tunes. How do I move it and how do I find out what is on my sd card??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jenn

Welcome to the forums!
Try going into the My Files app. It may be in a folder labeled g tunes or MP3 download. After you find it, click menu, then click move file.

jennie1974

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply! Now my other question is once I do find it, can I sort the music into folders? by genre? Also, I am seeing 2 sd cards... sd and ext sd.. which one is the little black sd card I put in there? Sorry! I have had this phone for over a year and am now getting the courage up to put music on it lol

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the reply! Now my other question is once I do find it, can I sort the music into folders? by genre? Also, I am seeing 2 sd cards... sd and ext sd.. which one is the little black sd card I put in there? Sorry! I have had this phone for over a year and am now getting the courage up to put music on it lol

I don't know about the folder idea. My music files are all lumped together. But try making a sub folder in the music file.
Ext SD is your external, or the one you insert into the phone.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Except, personally, I wouldn't put any of your music, that you wouldn't like to have to re-download, on your ext SD card. As I've read about quite a lot of S3 users ending-up, eventually, with fried/toasted ext SD cards. And just recently, someone I know turned-on their phone and low & behold their really nice SanDisk Ultra 32GB - Class 10 card, with lots of stuff on it, was whoooooosh..... gone, vanished, toasted, dead, kaput ! For no rhyme or reason. There had been no problems with it, and she only had approx. 25% of it filled/used-up.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Except, personally, I wouldn't put any of your music, that you wouldn't like to have to re-download, on your ext SD card. As I've read about quite a lot of S3 users ending-up, eventually, with fried/toasted ext SD cards. And just recently, someone I know turned-on their phone and low & behold their really nice SanDisk Ultra 32GB - Class 10 card, with lots of stuff on it, was whoooooosh..... gone, vanished, toasted, dead, kaput ! For no rhyme or reason. There had been no problems with it, and she only had approx. 25% of it filled/used-up.

I am wholeheartedly inclined to agree that at least one copy should be on a PC.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

jennie1974

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I just wanted to update. I have been downloaded songs right to my phone and putting them in sub-folders! I ordered a new sd card as the last time I tried this I got so mad that I took it out of the phone lol Anyway, thats on the way and I plan on plugging into the laptop tonight to get copies over onto that too. Thanks for all of the help with this!! Its greatly appreciated. When I plug the phone in tonight do I just drop the songs into media player? And sync?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21