Samsung Galaxy S3 HELP! Phone can't find Samsung Smart TV!

hollyrsweet

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that is on the same wireless network as my Samsung Smart TV. I have already synced my phone and smart TV. I can sign in on my smart TV and see all my media files that are on my Samsung Galaxy S3. On my phone, when I tap on "Settings" "More Settings" "Nearby Devices" "Allowed Devices List" it shows my TV is allowed. But, when I'm on my S3 and want to share a single picture, video, or song to my Smart TV and select "Scan for nearby devices", a small message at the bottom comes up after a few seconds that says "No Devices Found. Scanning for nearby devices will continue in the background". Also when I try to search for my smart TV in "AllShare Cast" it says there are no devices found. Why is it not finding my Smart TV, even though my phone and smart TV are already linked together? Thanks so much for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-01-25.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-01-25.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-01-52.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-01-52.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-02-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-02-41.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 17

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Allshare thing requires the Allshare Cast dongle. You won't have any success there without the dongle. You should try accessing your device FROM the TV. It may work the opposite way as you're trying.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Or get a Chromecast dongle for $35 and live with its current limitations.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

hollyrsweet

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying so quickly! So that's a bummer about the Allshare Cast. Does that mean I have to have the dongle to be able to use the "Scan for nearby devices" option that comes up when I hit the menu key on a picture, video, or song that I want to send to my TV? Sorry, I'm new to this.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you need the Samsung dongle.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Batiatus

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have encountered exactly the issue described above, but only since upgrading to Android 4.3.
Previously, when on Android 4.1.2 I could connect wirelessly from my S3 to the TV every time without issue.
My wife's S3 also runs 4.3 and has the same issue.

I can connect to the TV over the same home wifi network using a Samsung 8.9 tablet running Android 4.04, suggesting that the issue sits with 4.3 upgrade rather than the TV or network.
My TV is a Samsung 8000 series.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards

Batiatus

allipki

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I found very simple way to stream any video or even live tv from my S3 to my both Samy smart TVs using Samsung video app.
Turn on tv make sure its on your home wifi network, same for the phone.
Start video, make sure using Samsung video app, if you have video by default starts with something else have to clean in apps manager default so you can choose again which app to use.
And last one look left top corner on your phone while playing video for small rectangular icon, press and small pop up window should comes up with your tv, select and enjoy.
Screenshot_2014-01-04-09-14-08.png

Batiatus

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Allipki
That's how I used to connec to the TV, but since the Android 4.3 upgrade, eith TV does not appear in the list, or if it does, when i select it nothing happens.

Yet I can use apps like Samsung Smart View from the same phone to change channels etc on the TV, so the two are definately talking to each other.
It feels like a 4.3 issue, but wondered if anyone had found a workaround.

Thanks

Batiatus

Timr1972

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Allipki
That's how I used to connec to the TV, but since the Android 4.3 upgrade, eith TV does not appear in the list, or if it does, when i select it nothing happens.

Yet I can use apps like Samsung Smart View from the same phone to change channels etc on the TV, so the two are definately talking to each other.
It feels like a 4.3 issue, but wondered if anyone had found a workaround.

Thanks

Batiatus

And there I was thinking I had gone mad..same issue here and again 4.3. Another alternative is Raspberry Pi as media gateway, something ive dabled with, although to be honest I'd prefer it if it just worked like before!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz