I use official cyanogenmod 10.1. I want to know CM 10.1 ROM zipalined or not? If they aren't how do I do it?

Also I like to know they are SQL optimize?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300
    08-05-2013 06:25 AM
    I use official cyanogenmod 10.1. I want to know CM 10.1 ROM zipalined or not? If they aren't how do I do it?

Also I like to know they are SQL optimize?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Zipaligned meaning you can install via just a .zip file? Then yes. As for SQL, I do not know.
    08-05-2013 09:29 AM
    Zipaligned meaning you can install via just a .zip file? Then yes. As for SQL, I do not know.
    Zipaligning is when a dev uses the zipalign utility to make sure that an app has all the correct permissions to run, and also optimizes the app at the same time.

Now op, it really depends on the dev. They can include zipalign and a script to use it, but it really isn't that useful after the ROM is compiled. Cm doesn't include the zipalign binary by default, it has to be added in by your dev or yourself.

Just download zipalign and place it in /system/bin or xbin, and make sure its permissions are 755 or rwxrw-rw-.

As per the script to use zipalign at boot. Copy and paste this into a file named 99-zipalign into your etc/init.d folder with 755 perms.

Code:
    #! system/bin/sh
    # zipaligns at boot.
    # christen ford

if [ -f /system/bin/zipalign ]; then
    chmod u+rwx,go+rw /system/bin/zipalign
    su /system/bin/zipalign
    elif [ -f /system/xbin/zipalign ]; then
    chmod u+rwx,go+rw /system/xbin/zipalign
    su /system/xbin/zipalign
    fi
    This will run a script that zipaligns at boot. It will check for zipaligns presence in either bin or xbin and if found will run it. The 99 in front of the script name ensures it is run last, to make sure it doesn't interrupt any other scripts and cause a bootloop. It also makes sure it has the correct perms before it is run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-2013 09:54 AM
    Zipaligning is when a dev uses the zipalign utility to make sure that an app has all the correct permissions to run, and also optimizes the app at the same time.

Now op, it really depends on the dev. They can include zipalign and a script to use it, but it really isn't that useful after the ROM is compiled. Cm doesn't include the zipalign binary by default, it has to be added in by your dev or yourself.

Just download zipalign and place it in /system/bin or xbin, and make sure its permissions are 755 or rwxrw-rw-.

As per the script to use zipalign at boot. Copy and paste this into a file named 99-zipalign into your etc/init.d folder with 755 perms.

Code:
    #! system/bin/sh
    # zipaligns at boot.
    # christen ford

su /system/bin/zipalign
    su /system/xbin/zipalign
    fi
    This will run a script that zipaligns at boot. It will check for zipaligns presence in either bin or xbin and if found will run it. The 99 in front of the script name ensures it is run last, to make sure it doesn't interrupt any other scripts and cause a bootloop. It also makes sure it has the correct perms before it is run.

Thanks. I kinda figured my answer wasn't correct.
    08-05-2013 09:58 AM
    Thanks. I kinda figured my answer wasn't correct.
    No problem. I love helping people on here.

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-05-2013 11:29 AM

Code:
    #! system/bin/sh
    # zipaligns at boot.
    # christen ford

su /system/bin/zipalign
    su /system/xbin/zipalign
    fi

Wow. More than what I expected. Thank you so much.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    gollum18 likes this.
    08-05-2013 09:55 PM
    Thank you golfdriver your reply.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    08-05-2013 09:56 PM