I got my Galaxy S4 less than 3 weeks ago and am already pretty fed up with it. For the first three days I wasn't receiving texts from iPhones, thoughI think that was more of a carrier issue since Sprint is apparently redoing all of their towers after not setting them up well for 4G LTE in the first place. I've had issues with the phone saying it's charging but sitting there stagnant, or beeping repeatedly saying it's connecting and disconnecting from the charger (I have several chargers so I'm not sure if the problem has been with the stock charger or ones I ordered), and when I was at the beach a few days ago the phone got extremely hot to where it was uncomfortable to have it in my pocket. I turned it off for 15 minutes and it cooled off, but I had barely been using it at all when this happened and I was not charging it. It also got hot when I had been on a call for a minute yesterday. My roommate got the exact same phone from a different Sprint store one day earlier and has been having all of the same issues, if not worse charging issues. Yesterday a clear strip with charging panels fell out of her phone. The charging actually started working after that happened, so I dunno. I've seen one usersay there is a piece in the USB port that should be centered so it could cause problems if it is closer to the bottom (mine is). I've tried to update because I don't believe I have the latest firmware, but it won't allow it. At this point I'm ready to go back to Sprint and raise hell for an iPhone 5. Any tips would be appreciated. I won't even go into the battery life.
    08-06-2013 12:26 PM
    I got my Galaxy S4 less than 3 weeks ago and am already pretty fed up with it. For the first three days I wasn't receiving texts from iPhones, thoughI think that was more of a carrier issue since Sprint is apparently redoing all of their towers after not setting them up well for 4G LTE in the first place. I've had issues with the phone saying it's charging but sitting there stagnant, or beeping repeatedly saying it's connecting and disconnecting from the charger (I have several chargers so I'm not sure if the problem has been with the stock charger or ones I ordered), and when I was at the beach a few days ago the phone got extremely hot to where it was uncomfortable to have it in my pocket. I turned it off for 15 minutes and it cooled off, but I had barely been using it at all when this happened and I was not charging it. It also got hot when I had been on a call for a minute yesterday. My roommate got the exact same phone from a different Sprint store one day earlier and has been having all of the same issues, if not worse charging issues. Yesterday a clear strip with charging panels fell out of her phone. The charging actually started working after that happened, so I dunno. I've seen one usersay there is a piece in the USB port that should be centered so it could cause problems if it is closer to the bottom (mine is). I've tried to update because I don't believe I have the latest firmware, but it won't allow it. At this point I'm ready to go back to Sprint and raise hell for an iPhone 5. Any tips would be appreciated. I won't even go into the battery life.
    Welcome tot he forums!

Sorry you aren't having a good experience with Android. This sounds like a hardware issue to me. However, that does not preclude that it could be a soft ware issue. You can try rebooting into recovery, and clearing cache. This may help because when a phone get an update, the old cache data can interfere with the new update. This can cause lag issues, and possibly overheating.
    This is something really quick to try, and if it doesn't work, you can still bring it in to Sprint.

Reboot into recovery (this should work, haven't tried it on an S4):http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    snickelo likes this.
    08-07-2013 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD