My wife and I each have a Galaxy S3. On her phone, when she clicks on a hyperlink for a tracking number, such as a FedEx tracking number, the hyperlink always opens in the phone's dialer as though it were a phone number she was trying to call.

If I forward that email to me and open it on my phone, the hyperlink opens a browser window to FedEx's website for tracking packages.

I've reset all the default application settings on her phone and used a program called Default Application Manager on both our phones to see if this is the cause of the problem. Her defaults are now set the same as mine, but she still has the problem.

We're both using the same email client that came installed on the S3 phones. Both phones have all the updates installed. We're both using Dolphin as our default browser.

How can I get her phone to open tracking numbers in email the same as it does on mine?

Thanks.
    08-10-2013 09:39 AM
    Just to be certain (from any Home screen) you did Settings -> Application manager -> Menu button -> Reset app preferences?
    If that didn't fix her problem then you have a strange one on your hands. I doubt that clearing the cache in Recovery mode would do anything, but it's a freebie so you can try it. Otherwise I'd suggest a Factory Reset.
    Be sure to manually sync her Google account, and use the Kies software on your PC to backup her information (contacts, pictures/videos, SMS/MMS, call logs, etc).
    You can also try Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup if you want to backup her apps/app data.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2013 11:11 AM