Galaxy SIII Charging Problems

Matthew Perez

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys you might have seen my post earlier. I posted it in the wrong forum. .-. Haha.
But anyways. Put simply, my nosy cousin ripped my phone off of the charger because she was trying to see who was texting. And I think it ruined my charging port. It charges verly slowly and disconnects easily if you move the chord around. Do you guys think I should get my port replaced or could it have also damaged my chord?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Get your nosy cousin to spring for the ~$600 that it'll cost to purchase a brand new phone and see how she treats your stuff in the future...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Hewe Wongx3_DERP

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
You can send it to your Company like T-Mobile, Vurison, AT&T ect, See what they say but first, Get a new charger, If they send it to Samsung to Diagnose the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As the previous poster noted, the first thing to try is a different charger/cable. If those don't make any difference then the micro-USB port on the phone is probably damaged and you should get a replacement (if you have insurance) or get it repaired through Samsung.
The only other option would be to use a wireless charging solution.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with that.
If you do find a reputable place that does a good job be sure to give them a shout out here for others that may be in a similar situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol