Black screen, pics not backed up and security pattern...

Melissa Coan

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Samsung SIII and yesterday I dropped my phone. The screen went completely black. Still shows notification light and lights on the bottom 2 buttons. Also, if someone is trying to call me, the phone is on vibrate and is vibrating. However, since I have a security pattern lock on my phone, apparently, I am not able to access it. Is there anything at all that can be done to get my pics? NO ONE at Sprint or Samsung said they can help me. Anyone? :'(

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you have usb debugging enabled. If so, you can download the Android SDK and use adb to pull your data to a computer.
If you have debugging enabled, let me know after downloading the SDK and I'll walk you through the process.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Download the Samsung drivers for Windows and install them. After that's done, plug the device into your computer. Open a command prompt at the platform-tools folder and type:
adb devices
You should see your phone in the list. If not reinstall your drivers. After adb sees your device you can pull any files from the phone you would like using
adb pull /path/
Whereas /path/ is the folders on your phone where the files are. For example
adb pull /sdcard/dcim/100media/001.jpg

Post back with any questions or results.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech