Google maps flicker

col_krismiss

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So my wife and I have had the gs3 for some time now. And we noticed on day one, Android 4.0, that Google maps flickers all the time. I have been through a couple roms and ended up on CM 10.1 which I am running now. Every single rom has had the same issue. My wife is running stock and has had this issue through every update. Most everyone I k ow that has a gs3 seems to have this issue. Is this a known issue and if so, does anyone know a fix?

Posted via Android Central App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing that awhile ago as well. In landscape mode, it appears to "jump" to the right for just a split second. I even posted a similar question.

I've never got it to stop, and wonder it it has something to do with the gapps I've installed after flashing. I was going to work on it again to see if I could fix it by flashing a different file or ROM or something, but I switched over to Waze for now, so am not using the Google Nav. If anyone has a solution though, I'd love to know about it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How long do I have to stare at the Maps screen to see this flicker - I've never seen anything like you're describing.

I looked through some of the comments in the Google Play Store and there were a couple of mentions about flickering in the newest version, but of course most of the comments are about how Google totally screwed it up.

I reverted to the original version on my phone because I'm less than impressed with the new update, but since you're complaining that it's always been this way that leaves that out.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

col_krismiss

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It starts happening immediately, mostly when I move the map around, but sometimes when nothing is moving at all. It's always happened, with every version of maps, and every version from android, touch wiz or not

Posted via Android Central App