S3 Water Damaged!

samhaudino

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
So a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to take my phone rafting with me. I double bagged it so water doesn't get it, but of course, nothing ever works out the way it's supposed to be. Not knowingly, I immediately turned on the phone just to see whether it still works or not, which probably damaged it some more. After reading all the online tips and reviews, I placed the S3 in uncooked rice and it has been there for several weeks now. I check on it periodically and it vibrates when I press the on button but nothing really boots up.

I've given up on retrieving it via normal methods, but I'm thinking of replacing the motherboard. When a phone is water damaged, is it the motherboard that's short circuited or do I have to replace the LCD displayer as well?

Thanks!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It could be anything. The MB, the display, the digitizer, the speaker and microphone. If you could buy another S3 of the exact same carrier model with a busted screen very cheaply, it might be worth a shot at replacing the rest of the guts and hoping the screen and digitizer still works. Otherwise, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a used, working phone.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Several weeks in rice is more than enough, assuming that you've left it in there untouched for at least a couple of days.
Have you tried charging it since taking it out? Does anything show up on the screen?
Have you tried booting into Recovery or Download mode?

In case no one has pointed it out to you, you are an ideal candidate for the Samsung Galaxy S IV Active.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11