[solved] my touch screen isn't working

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
i was using the cm10.2 nightly.
it was fine until i flashed a kernel and a recovery on my i9305.

devil dual boot n7000 kernel
devil dual boot n7000 recovery

after that my phone stuck on the boot logo and then it turned in to blue flashing screen.
then i flashed cwm recovery with odin and did 3 wipe.
next i install cm 10.2 back to my phone and then reboot.
it took a long time to boot form the logo into the cm rom.
it finally booted.
unfortunately, the monitor is not work at all.

so that, i use odin to restore the factory samsung stock rom.

CODE_I9305ZHBMA5_898672_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5
CSC_TGY_I9305TGYBMA5_898672_REV00_user_low_ship.ta r.md5
m3.pit
MODEM_I9305XXBMA2_REV05_CL1213990.tar.md5

the phone was restored successfully.
again, it took me a long time to boot into the system
the touch screen is still not working.

additional information:
i flashed a touchable cwm recovery, but the touch function is also NOT working.
everything else works fine. the screen shows graphics, but not response to touches

can anyone help me?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH:'(

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 【HELP】my touch screen isn't working【urgent】

i was using the cm10.2 nightly.
it was fine until i flashed a kernel and a recovery on my i9305.

devil dual boot n7000 kernel
devil dual boot n7000 recovery

after that my phone stuck on the boot logo and then it turned in to blue flashing screen.
then i flashed cwm recovery with odin and did 3 wipe.
next i install cm 10.2 back to my phone and then reboot.
it took a long time to boot form the logo into the cm rom.
it finally booted.
unfortunately, the monitor is not work at all.

so that, i use odin to restore the factory samsung stock rom.

CODE_I9305ZHBMA5_898672_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5
CSC_TGY_I9305TGYBMA5_898672_REV00_user_low_ship.ta r.md5
m3.pit
MODEM_I9305XXBMA2_REV05_CL1213990.tar.md5

the phone was restored successfully.
again, it took me a long time to boot into the system
the touch screen is still not working.

additional information:
i flashed a touchable cwm recovery, but the touch function is also NOT working.
everything else works fine. the screen shows graphics, but not response to touches

can anyone help me?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH:'(

The only thing I can think of is flashing the stock ROM again, and wipe Cache, Dalvik, and a factory reset. Reboot.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

The only thing I can think of is flashing the stock ROM again, and wipe Cache, Dalvik, and a factory reset. Reboot.

Thanks for replying.

I did factory reset, 3 wipe. but the problem is still there.
I'm now trying to restore 4.0.x stock rom by odin see if the problem solved.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Your best bet might be to post over on XDA, where all of that stuff originated. I haven't used CM, nor fiddled with alternate kernels, and after bad experiences with CWM recovery I've stuck with TWRP.

I doubt that it's a coincidence that your touchscreen suddenly stopped responding so you probably just need to get the correct firmware, RPM, modem, kernel, etc to get it working again. Good luck.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Your best bet might be to post over on XDA, where all of that stuff originated. I haven't used CM, nor fiddled with alternate kernels, and after bad experiences with CWM recovery I've stuck with TWRP.

I doubt that it's a coincidence that your touchscreen suddenly stopped responding so you probably just need to get the correct firmware, RPM, modem, kernel, etc to get it working again. Good luck.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

thank you for replying.
theres a reply from xda
he said i burn out a component and require a paid for service repair ./_\...

i hope not... it is quite expensive.

i wish theres still ways to due with it

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

You flashed a Kernel meant for a different phone to your i9300? What were you thinking? The kernel is the core code that translates commands from your OS (Android, in this case) to the hardware. For example, when an app wants to draw a box in the middle of the screen, it tells the OS that. The OS then tells the Kernel. The kernel knows the hardware commands to make the screen turn on pixels exactly where needed.

The kernel you installed is for a note 7000. It doesn't have the same screen as an i9300. It's trying to tell the Note screen what to do, and the screen in your s3 doesn't understand. You're hosed. Whether trying to command an S3 screen with Note 7000 commands will damage the hardware I have no idea. The only way you're going to get this phone back, I suspect, is with JTAG service. What you need to do is flash the correct kernel onto the phone, but without a working screen I'm not sure how you can do that.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

You flashed a Kernel meant for a different phone to your i9300? What were you thinking? The kernel is the core code that translates commands from your OS (Android, in this case) to the hardware. For example, when an app wants to draw a box in the middle of the screen, it tells the OS that. The OS then tells the Kernel. The kernel knows the hardware commands to make the screen turn on pixels exactly where needed.

The kernel you installed is for a note 7000. It doesn't have the same screen as an i9300. It's trying to tell the Note screen what to do, and the screen in your s3 doesn't understand. You're hosed. Whether trying to command an S3 screen with Note 7000 commands will damage the hardware I have no idea. The only way you're going to get this phone back, I suspect, is with JTAG service. What you need to do is flash the correct kernel onto the phone, but without a working screen I'm not sure how you can do that.

thank you for giving me advice.

why must i have a working screen to install a kernel?
Is it possible for to do that in recovery?

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Don't you need to see the screen to use recovery?

sure. i can see the screen, but the touch fumction is not working.
i flashed the lastest cm, and a competable kernel. however, it is still not working.
probably i had burnt out a component:(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

What kernel did you flash? Can you provide a link?
What carrier are you with?

Meyer,
It seems unlikely that flashing a wrong kernel would have messed up the hardware - do you agree?
Don't typical ROM files include the whole shebang (firmware, RPM, radios, kernel)?

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

What kernel did you flash? Can you provide a link?
What carrier are you with?

Meyer,
It seems unlikely that flashing a wrong kernel would have messed up the hardware - do you agree?
Don't typical ROM files include the whole shebang (firmware, RPM, radios, kernel)?

many thx for helping me :)
finally i have it repaired.
the motherboard and screen burnt out :(
i replace them with new components

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

sure. i can see the screen, but the touch fumction is not working.
i flashed the lastest cm, and a competable kernel. however, it is still not working.
probably i had burnt out a component:(

You wrote "unfortunately, the monitor is not work at all." To me, that says the screen (monitor) is / was blank.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Meyer,

I agree it seems unlikely, but I don't claim enough hardware engineering knowledge to be sure. If, for example, the kernel he flashed was designed to drive an LCD screen, what effect would that have on an OLED screen? I would guess it simply wouldn't do anything, but perhaps it could trigger a higher voltage than the screen was designed for? I'm talking out of my a$$, of course. :)

Marvin2Shoes

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I installed TWRP recovery for i9300 with touch capability. The touch screen didn't react to touch. On rebooting into the original Android firmware the touch screen worked fine. I then installed CWM touch capable recovery for i9300 and found that touch still didn't work in recovery but I could use the volume keys to move thru menu items and select with the power key as usual with CWM recoveries. On rebooting into the original OS again to check screen touch functionality I found that the screen was working fine in Android. I then used the CWM recovery to install CM11 for the i9300 onto the phone. One rebooting the touch functions failed to work and the phone just stayed at the language input screen awaiting input.
After reading many comments on XDA and other forums I have come to the conclusion that the problem is not a hardware one but rather a software problem as my installation and subsequent failures of touch screen capabilities under recovery while working fine in the OS shows.
Something here is on the nose!!! My Note II never gave me these problems and works fine with TWRP and CM12 to this day. The i9300 is a bucket of crap!

Sapan Sahu

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site

i did the same i flash lyf wind 4 .pac rom in my lyf flame 3 which also done with .pac rom & it became white black bar type flash when it boot & stuck there .after several flashing with my actual firmware but my touch screen & soft key not working now ,

i think i burnt digitizer

any suggestions sir for me to get it back

phone is working ok
i use wireless mouse and phone accessible assistant for menu home and back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith