Need help with music player/media storage

cycy15

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s3 and it has recently been having issues. When ever i listen to music on my phone, about 15-20 minutes later all my songs are gone, but when i restart my phone, clear data, or disable media storage they come back. This has been going on for a while and its pissing me off. please help, thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You haven't really provided much information:
- is the music stored on the internal memory or an SDCard?
- what app(s) are you using to play the music?
- what's the source of the music (files you dragged over; Amazon Music Store; other)?
- what do you mean when you say they "disappear":
-- if you use a File Manager, can you find the files?
-- what about other files on the same storage media?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

cycy15

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
You haven't really provided much information:
- is the music stored on the internal memory or an SDCard?
- what app(s) are you using to play the music?
- what's the source of the music (files you dragged over; Amazon Music Store; other)?
- what do you mean when you say they "disappear":
-- if you use a File Manager, can you find the files?
-- what about other files on the same storage media?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

-The music is stored on both the SD card and memory card (half of the songs are on one and the other half are on the other)
-im using a normal music player widget that came with the phone
-Im getting all my songs from a music downloader app
-For example, when im listening to music, it randomly pauses and i go see what happened, and it says "no songs" and a little notification saying songs arent supported
-I have file manager but i dont know what to look for

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you unmount the SDCard from the phone and remove it, and then try playing only the music that's on the internal storage and see what happens. If that works correctly, well, the next question would be - is it a SanDisk SDCard?

cycy15

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you unmount the SDCard from the phone and remove it, and then try playing only the music that's on the internal storage and see what happens. If that works correctly, well, the next question would be - is it a SanDisk SDCard?

Nope, diddn't work :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When your music is working correctly, if you use the My Files app, can you find the music on the internal memory? Look hereuploadfromtaptalk1377061437518.jpgthen hereuploadfromtaptalk1377061469720.jpg(I don't happen to have any music stored locally.)
If you can find the music, go ahead and reproduce the problem and then use the My Files app to look for the files in the same place. Let me know what happens.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
All the songs are located in: /storage/extSdCard
That location IS the SDCard. As noted earlier, you should move some music to the internal memory (/storage/sdcard0/music) then remove the SDCard completely and try again.
If the songs stop playing, use the My Files app to look for them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye