MHL 5 to 11 pin adapter charging slow

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a Verizon GS III and I recently purchased a Pioneer Unit for my car. I bought and tried two different 5 to 11 pin adapters.One of them is from Samsung and both of them work with the app radio and show up on the display. The issue that I am having is that even though the phone is connected to a power supply, the battery drains while connected. If i remove the adapter from the equation then the app radio does not work but the phone charges just fine.

Does any one know if there is a problem charging through he adapters?

I also bought the connection kit from Pioneer that has the MHL to HDMI adapter in it. This is the reason why I need just the 5 to 11 pin adapter and not the MHL to HDMI adapter from Samsung.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm totally out of my depth here - are you saying that your Pioneer stereo in your car has an HDMI input? And you're trying to use the MHL<>HDMI adapter (along with the 5-to-11-pin converter) to hook it up?
All I can tell you is that I've used the correct MHL<>HDMI adapter (the one that doesn't require the 5-to-11-pin converter) from Samsung to connect my phone to a TV (along with the required power input, of course) and haven't had a problem with the phone charging.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the unit in my car has an HDMI input. The app radio allows the phone to displayed on the screen in the dash and there are a few apps that can be controlled from the radio's touchscreen. The problem is that every time I use the app radio, my phone battery drains faster then it can charge. Has anybody used the 5 to 11 pin adapter before to connect the phone to a T.V. and had similar results? I know that it not the power supply that I'm using because I have had the phone on plugged in without the adapter and it charged just fine. I connected the adapter while the battery was at 100% and it still drained while using the app radio feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781