So I've just started using SmartLauncher which I love...but there is a Smart Launder Notifications plug-in that you activate through Accessiblity settings. When I turned my phone on today, my phone activated TalkBack and I honestly thought my phone was broken for good. I just restarted the phone again to see if I could ping it, and TalkBack turned itself on again. Is there a workaround this? I don't need this useless feature and I don't see how anyone who is blind would benefit from it.

I'm not rooted/rommed and don't want to be. I also don't want to give up my SmartLauncher!
    08-20-2013 04:24 PM
    So I've just started using SmartLauncher which I love...but there is a Smart Launder Notifications plug-in that you activate through Accessiblity settings. When I turned my phone on today, my phone activated TalkBack and I honestly thought my phone was broken for good. I just restarted the phone again to see if I could ping it, and TalkBack turned itself on again. Is there a workaround this? I don't need this useless feature and I don't see how anyone who is blind would benefit from it.

I'm not rooted/rommed and don't want to be. I also don't want to give up my SmartLauncher!
    Smart launcher is great, I have the pro, althought I'm not currently using it. Have you tried the recommendation that the dev gives in the description? See screenshot below under "note 2:"
    Attached Thumbnails Smart Launcher + TalkBack fail-1377034217759.jpg  
    08-20-2013 04:30 PM
    I feel really dumb right now...but I found it and disabled it. Hopefully it works. Thank you!!
    08-20-2013 04:38 PM
    I feel really dumb right now...but I found it and disabled it. Hopefully it works. Thank you!!
    That's alright, happens to the best of us :-) I had to learn the hard way to read the descriptions of apps.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    08-20-2013 05:08 PM
    Hey,

I hope I still get a reply with the post done a while ago, but I'm having this exact same problem, but I'm following the same steps in the description, but it doesn't seem to be working for. I can't disable the Samsung TTS engine, so I was wondering if there is anything else that I can do? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and I was wondering if anything you can think of that I can do will help?

Many Thanks
    02-04-2014 04:45 PM
    I was wondering if anything you can think of that I can do will help?
    Did you go to Settings -> (My device) -> Accessibility and turn off Talkback? (Unfortunately, you'll have to do this every time you restart the phone.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    02-05-2014 06:33 PM
    can someone help me!!!!!
    i dont know how to fix this problem.
    my smart launcher notification plug in wont stay permanent. every now and then it works fine but give it a few hours it will stop working so i have to go to preferences and activate the plugin again. getting really tired of having to reactivate it over and over. is there any way for it to stay permanent?
    05-09-2014 07:54 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    my smart launcher notification plug in wont stay permanent. every now and then it works fine but give it a few hours it will stop working so i have to go to preferences and activate the plugin again.
    I assume that Smart Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ofa.saveClicks is the main app that you're using?

And Smart Launcher Notifications: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncher.notifier is the plug-in that you're referring to? Have you tried contacting the developer? gingenzo@gmail.com

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-09-2014 10:25 AM