Cricket Stock Rom

Sonic132

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi. When I first got my phone. I rooted it almost right away. Thinking I knew what I was doing since I rooted my last phone successfully. But my Nandroid backups went corrupt. So I can't restore back to stock.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a copy of the stock rom (preferably rooted) for Cricket. It'd settle for unrooted, if there was a root method available for the latest version.
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-R530C using AC Forums mobile app

Sonic132

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh more information.
My wife has an identical phone (except blue whereas mine is white) to mine. It's unrooted and on stock. Perhaps I can root hers, Nandroid, and restore the Nandroid of her rom on mine? What do you guys think? Any way I could keep my data if possible?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know which model is used on Cricket, but you should be able to use the Kies software on your PC to reload the correct (unrooted) firmware.

Of course, if you want to load a rooted ROM you'll have to use Odin. If you point out the model number I'm sure we can find a current rooted ROM - that'll save you from pissing off your S/O by mucking with her phone.

Edit: oh, and you can use the Kies software to backup your information (contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, call logs, etc).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Sonic132

May 24, 2011
Visit site
S/O? Also I've done searching before and was unable to find Cricket Stock roms, rooted or unrooted, for my SCH-R530C (SGS3 - d2cri). Maybe someone has uploaded a backup somewhere or even better a flashable zip. I have Odin somewhere. Used it to flash CWmod touch a while back.

Sent from my SCH-R530C running Cyanogenmod 10.2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
S/O = Significant Other (your wife)

If you just want a rooted ROM to load using Odin, there are a ton of them http://www.google.com/search?site=&....1c.1.25.mobile-gws-hp..3.13.1689.cf01dDNl9qE

If you want the stock ROM your best bet is Kies - it doesn't matter what you currently have on the phone; it's going to replace it. You'd just have to deal with rooting it again.

Edit: If you want the stock ROM (rooted or unrooted) check out http://www.cricketusers.com/root-re...lashable-cricket-sgs3-touchwiz-firmwares.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, Kies automatically downloads the correct firmware for your model/carrier. You enter the model number (be sure to type it in CAPS) and IMEI (both found under the battery) and Kies does the rest.
I have seen a few people on weird carriers report that Kies couldn't identify their carrier - you'll just have to try it and find out.

Sonic132

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae