Help, S3 screen is blank, cant read device via US on PC

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Help, S3 screen has gone totally blank, plus when i connect to PC it does not show any internal storage so I cant access all of my photos etc..
I cant backup/connect to samsung kies either as i need to enter PIN on device and cant as screen is blank and unresponsive? I dont want to lose all the contacts or photos, any ideas greatly appreciated?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Until you enter the PIN you won't be able to access any of the content on the phone - that's the whole point of security. You can take a look through http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2868149 - there was some suggestion about being able to use the Samsung website to unlock your phone.

If you have an MHL<>HDMI adapter you should be able to use it to mirror the phone on a TV. Hopefully the touch screen is still functional so that you can enter the PIN, as I'm not sure how to use a USB-ON-THE-GO setup in conjunction with the MHL<>HDMI adapter.

Otherwise you're probably going to have to replace the screen to get at your data.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks , I've had to get the screen temporarily replaced , this then allowed PC to read the memory via USB so I've saved my data. Now using an S4 GPE and backing up to cloud automatically :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63