Hi there,

I haven't had much luck with Skies software on my pc for backing up my S3. For some reason, it never detects my phone when I connect it.

I know that my contacts, calendar, mail etc. are backed up on google, but my question is regarding apps.

For example, I was a BB and iP4 user before my S3. Whenever I backed up my phone, it backed up text messages, app settins, content (i.e., my password keeper app kept all the info in it when I restored) etc. And speeking of password keeper, I've been using KeePass for my password management needs in my Galaxy S3. Is there a way to backup Keepass Droid so that if I ever reset/wipe my phone, I can simply "restore" it? If not, is there a password management app that'd let me back up it's data to my computer?

So other than Skies, what else can I use to "back up phone data"? I heard some people use dropbox, but I haven't found much info about it.

I'd appreciate all the help please!
    08-29-2013 08:34 AM
    You can try:
    Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup
    MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro (there's a trial version)

Kies shouldn't be giving you any trouble. Are you sure you're using a data cable and not just a charging cable? When you connect the phone does anything show up on the Notification bar (it should show that you're either in MTP or PTP mode)? What OS are you running?

KeePassDroid should allow you to store your database file on Dropbox.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-29-2013 04:03 PM
    Thanks GSDer.

I'm using the USB cable that connects to the wall charger, is that not right? I have windows vista, but tried it on windows 7 as well. Do you know how/where I can find the KeePassDroid's database file?
    08-30-2013 08:17 AM