I'm looking into switching from my at&t service to straight talk because it's just so much cheaper, and in doing so upgrading phones.
    If I stay with at&t I can get a galaxy s3 for like $200 but it has a $90 a month bill that isn't even unlimited anything. If I switched to straight talk its $45 a month for unlimited everything. I can get the phone through at&t, but the problem with straight talk is they told me the phone won't work in my area. What the difference between theirs and at&t's phone if one will work and the other won't. Would it be possible to buy an unlocked s3 and put a straight talk sim card into it?
    09-01-2013 12:24 AM
    U can put any sim in an unlocked phone. Att T-Mobile straight talk ect. But if u are really looking into unlimited everything if tmo got good coverage than u should look into them.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-2013 12:40 AM
    I can get overeager with an s3 on at&t network, but straight talk says it won't give me covereage. Is there a difference in the phones? The s4 also won't work here on straight talk but will on at&t. The s2 however does work in my area on straight talk. But I'd rather the s3 over the s2.
    09-01-2013 01:35 AM
    Two things here. If you buy the phone at AT&T with no service they will more than likely charge you full price for the phone not the $200. Also if you purchase the AT&T version AT&T would have to unlock it for you. They may refuse without service to unlock the phone. As of now it is still illegal to unlock a device except by the carrier.
    09-01-2013 04:43 PM
    What about the Google Nexus 4? That'll definitely work on T-Mobile (unsure about StraightTalk) and it's a smoking deal right now in the Google Play Store ($249 for the 16GB version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-2013 06:13 PM
    What about the Google Nexus 4? That'll definitely work on T-Mobile (unsure about StraightTalk) and it's a smoking deal right now in the Google Play Store ($249 for the 16GB version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Definitely think about getting the Nexus 4. It's cheap and you can use either ATT, T-Mobile or straight talk with it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    09-01-2013 06:22 PM
    Two things here. If you buy the phone at AT&T with no service they will more than likely charge you full price for the phone not the $200. Also if you purchase the AT&T version AT&T would have to unlock it for you. They may refuse without service to unlock the phone. As of now it is still illegal to unlock a device except by the carrier.
    Thats only half the story. Its NOT illegal to unlock a phone u bought full price. And u can go anywhere to unlock it.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-2013 07:54 PM
    The new law states if carrier lock it can only be unlocked legally by the carrier in the US unless grandfathered in.
    09-02-2013 12:31 PM