It all started a week ago when my router would hardly connect when I was only ten feet away. You have to get really close to it. And this goes with all of the routers everywhere, every WiFi connection is like this now. I don't know if it's the WiFi antenna, or hardware or what. I've tried everything, turning off wifi power saving mode, WiFi apps, downgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich, downloading an AOSP kernel, you name it. I just can't seem to understand what's causing this and it's driving me insane. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    09-01-2013 11:31 AM
    It all started a week ago when my router would hardly connect when I was only ten feet away. You have to get really close to it. And this goes with all of the routers everywhere, every WiFi connection is like this now. I don't know if it's the WiFi antenna, or hardware or what. I've tried everything, turning off wifi power saving mode, WiFi apps, downgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich, downloading an AOSP kernel, you name it. I just can't seem to understand what's causing this and it's driving me insane. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums!
    This may be a problem with the WiFi radio, but you can try clearing the cache in recovery. That might help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    09-01-2013 06:26 PM
    I haven't looked at any of the teardown videos to see where the Wi-Fi antenna is, but perhaps it's become disconnected.

If your phone is still in warranty you should restore the stock firmware and take it in to your local carrier and get them to replace it.

If it's not in warranty you should check out the teardown video and then open it up and see if the Wi-Fi antenna is loose.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-2013 07:56 PM