Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and noticed when I am texting, if I try to press the period (.), it keeps reading that I am hitting the space button. I'm pretty sure I'm pressing the period button, but still I get multiple spaces instead. I've only had this phone for about 8 months and don't know what caused this to happen now suddenly.

I'm aware that lots of people have fixed this issue by clearing out the keyboard cache via the Applications manager. But it won't allow me to clear the keyboard cache and the button is blanked out. It just says 'Computing' like it's trying to load information, but nothing is really happening. It does this with all the apps and won't let me clear those caches either.

-screenshot_2013-09-03-15-31-22.png

Also, when I uninstall apps, nothing happens and the apps remain on my cell. Can anyone recommend any solutions? Please
    09-03-2013 08:30 AM
    Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and noticed when I am texting, if I try to press the period (.), it keeps reading that I am hitting the space button. I'm pretty sure I'm pressing the period button, but still I get multiple spaces instead. I've only had this phone for about 8 months and don't know what caused this to happen now suddenly.

I'm aware that lots of people have fixed this issue by clearing out the keyboard cache via the Applications manager. But it won't allow me to clear the keyboard cache and the button is blanked out. It just says 'Computing' like it's trying to load information, but nothing is really happening. It does this with all the apps and won't let me clear those caches either.

Also, when I uninstall apps, nothing happens and the apps remain on my cell. Can anyone recommend any solutions? Please
    Welcome to the forums!
    You can try rebooting into recovery, and clearing cache that way. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    Otherwise you can download a different keyboard. I like the Google version. Fairly similar to Samsung, but smoother.
    09-03-2013 08:49 AM
    Hi

Thanks so much for the welcome and the response. Much appreciated.

I've just tried clearing the cache in recovery mode, but it didn't fix the keyboard issue.

I'm running Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Is the Google keyboard available to download to my device? Is it free?
    09-03-2013 09:47 AM
    Hi

Thanks so much for the welcome and the response. Much appreciated.

I've just tried clearing the cache in recovery mode, but it didn't fix the keyboard issue.

I'm running Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Is the Google keyboard available to download to my device? Is it free?
    Yes

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-03-2013 09:57 AM
    Google Keyboard: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin
    I tried it but still prefer
    SwiftKey: http://market.android.com/details?id...htype.swiftkey

Edit: you can try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-04-2013 01:38 AM