I'm having trouble getting the hang of Samsung's default Music Player app (part of Touch Wiz). I probably won't be using it for much longer, but for now would really like to figure out a navigation quirk. I look up an artist and then an album in the "browse music" screen (for want of a better name), and then get to what I'll call the "playing music" screen (which shows some image--not the proper album cover--play, fast fwd, etc., controls, and the track title).

The problem: I cannot figure out how to get from the "music playing" screen back to the "browse music" screen. I click the button in the lower-right, which has three horizontal lines and a pair of eighth notes, but that just takes me to the list for the current album.

How do I get back to the lists of all albums, all artists, etc.???
    09-04-2013 02:55 PM
    Download rocket music player its much better than Samsung's default music player and is easy to use.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-04-2013 04:09 PM
    just forget the stock player and freeze it. Get PlayerPro. It's the only player I found that correctly reads ID3v2 tags. I hate it when the stock players don't sort because of that.

"you gotta be a lil crazy to stay sane..."
    09-04-2013 07:07 PM
    ebow,
    Have you tried the regular "Back" button on the phone itself? That seems to do the job.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
    ebow likes this.
    09-04-2013 07:24 PM
    ebow,
    Have you tried the regular "Back" button on the phone itself? That seems to do the job.
    Thanks, that works. Can you tell I'm new to Android and still getting used to the back button being the only way of doing some things? It boggles my mind that the song listing button in the lower-right corner takes you to a list of all albums and tracks by the artist with no option to view other artists, yet the phone's back button takes you to the same list with a way to get to other artists.

Meanwhile I've already mostly moved on to Rocket Player, which should meet my needs much better for a while. So thanks for that pointer, adi_holosubscape.
    09-05-2013 09:55 AM