Hey, first off great site.

Second, i had a look around for a while and cant find my problem here.

Anyways, i put a 8GB SD card in my wife's S3 from MY S4 after i put a 64GB in my S4.

What the problem is, is that it will show that the 8GB card is in her phone, but i cant transfer anything to the SD card, even when i go to application manager, the "move to SD card' button is not even there like it is on my S4 or older phones ive used this 8GB card in. Ive formatted the card in the phone and took it out and did it again in my computer.
    Ive tried to move a few apps, movies, songs ect, that i know i can move to the SD card on a few old phones i had like the HTC Desire and my new S4 i can move stuff to that 8GB card when it was in my S4.
    Not sure what else to try? Anyone have an idea?

Its basically showing it's in the phone, but i can use it....

Thanx.
    09-09-2013 05:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Presumably you formatted the SD card in FAT32, right?

What file manager are you using? Consider installing a 3rd party file manager like Total Commander, and see if you can move files with it.
    09-09-2013 06:42 PM
    Yes it's wiped clean.

I just took the card out and put it in my S4. Transfers stuff over just fine. Put it back in the S3 and it's the same thing as before.

Not sure why i would have to use Total commander to move files if it works fine on my old phones and my S4 with out TC?

By the way this S3 was just bought new a month ago. Nothing at all on it really but a couple games and some little apps.

Thanx for the reply
    09-09-2013 07:21 PM
    Have you tried other SD cards in your wife's S3? Maybe there's a problem with the slot. Not sure how to diagnose or fix that, though ...
    09-09-2013 07:30 PM
    the "move to SD card' button is not even there like it is on my S4 or older phones ive used this 8GB card in...

Ive tried to move...movies, songs ect
    You're right, there is no 'move application to SD' functionality in the Application manager on the S3 - Google stopped supporting that starting with Jelly Bean, which explains why you can still do it on your older phones. Samsung specifically put a workaround for that in the S4, which explains why you can do it on your S4, but they haven't ported that change back to the S3.

Regarding your inability to copy/move files (songs, videos, etc.) to the SDCard - what are you using to accomplish that? The included "My Files" file manager should allow you to do that - is it giving you an error when you attempt to copy a file from the internal memory to the SDCard?

What does the Storage view show you?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
    B. Diddy and uttercaro like this.
    09-09-2013 07:45 PM
    If you haven't already, try formatting the card in the S3. Does that work? If so, can you copy files to the card after formatting?
    09-09-2013 08:58 PM
    You're right, there is no 'move application to SD' functionality in the Application manager on the S3
    Well i guess that's why i cant move anything that way then. I was getting frustrated.

The included "My Files" file manager should allow you to do that
    I forgot that i can just move stuff around in my flies. Thanks for that.

Do you know if a new update will change it so i can have the "move application to SD" button? Just seems to be a quicker easier way for the wife to do it like that without messing anything up...

Anyways, thanks everyone for the replies.
    09-10-2013 12:16 AM
    I haven't read anything about Samsung committing to support APPS2SD on earlier phones.
    Out of curiosity, why does your wife need to move applications to the SDCard anyway? Even if she has a lousy 16GB phone (with only about 11GB usable) that should be more than enough space to put tons of apps on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2013 02:22 AM
    I haven't read anything about Samsung committing to support APPS2SD on earlier phones.
    Out of curiosity, why does your wife need to move applications to the SDCard anyway? Even if she has a lousy 16GB phone (with only about 11GB usable) that should be more than enough space to put tons of apps on.
    Ok sounds good.

She doesn't really need to move anything at the moment, "I" was just curious why the "move to sd card" button was not there like all the other phones ive had did.
    No big deal.

Thanx.
    09-10-2013 01:32 PM