Struggling to edit contacts

Jerome Oliphant

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forum. I have an galaxy S3 and make use of lotus notes. When I try to edit my contacts it show's an massage saying this editor is only for notes contacts. Please help?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I must be new to the forums too - I did a search in the Google Play Store and couldn't find any app using "lotus notes" as the search criteria.

What exactly are you doing?
Are you doing it on your phone or computer?
If on your computer, how are you editing the contacts from your phone - did you export the contacts to a vcf file and you're trying to edit that?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Jerome Oliphant

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi at work we make use of IBM lotes notes email. I synced the notes contacts to my phone. When I try to edit the contacts on the phone contacts list then it gives the message that it is only for notes contacts. I do not know how to explain it more simpler but to say prior to installing ibm lotus notes traveller on my phone I could edit the contacts but ever since installing it I do not seem to be able to edit......

JPWJR

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have attempted to add Microsoft Exchange; Yahoo and Lotus Notes accounts into my contact list. I receive the same error message "This editor is only for Notes contacts." The Lotus Notes icon must appear under the "Connections."

JPWJR

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
There appears to be no choice what app you use to edit your contacts of the device. It uses the Lotus Notes editor and that editor will not permit you to edit contacts that you have in another account: Microsoft Exchange or Yahoo.

veridicalag

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
You can correct this issue by simply going to Settings> More> Application Manager> All and then locating the app in question (IBM Notes Traveler in this case). Once you've selected this app, there is a section named "Launch By Default" and note that it says "This app is set to open by default for some actions". Simply tap the "Clear Defaults" button and it will revert to the phone default setting/editor.

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2