Is it possible to root the Canadian version of the S3 so that I have the root functions without installing a custom recovery? I heard that if I install custom recovery it will stop all official OTA updates. I need root permissions for few apps, but I like the Samsung stock software.

Is there a guide on here or some other site or a movie that explain how to root with Odin3 without the use of custom recovery?

Thanks.
    09-14-2013 01:13 PM
    09-14-2013 01:43 PM
    lol, you sure after you get root that you'd be able to stop the modding bug? You might as well go full AOSP. If you're asking "why?" my response would be "why not?". Liquidsmooth changed my world, screw ota

"you gotta be a lil crazy to stay sane..."
    09-15-2013 01:53 AM
    lol, you sure after you get root that you'd be able to stop the modding bug? You might as well go full AOSP. If you're asking "why?" my response would be "why not?". Liquidsmooth changed my world, screw ota

"you gotta be a lil crazy to stay sane..."
    Team Liquid!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.9 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    09-15-2013 02:07 AM
    mssca,
    Just be aware that even if you keep the stock Recovery software, you will still probably have problems with OTAs. The OTA typically detects the presence of the superuser binaries. You can try using something like OTA RootKeeper: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....otarootkeeper to "hide" the superuser binaries and then after the OTA is complete you can restore superuser.

There's no guarantee that it'll work, but there's been some success using that in conjunction with the stock Recovery software. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-15-2013 04:08 AM