notification number on apps

ml2390

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am able to see the notification number on my icons for original apps on my phone like Phone and Messages, but not the apps that I have downloaded (Yahoo mail, Kakaotalk, Facebook). However, I am able to receive notifications on my status bar. My phone is updated to the latest version 4.1.2, as are all my apps. Other family members have the same phone/version and are able to see notification numbers on their icons for downloaded apps, but have bought their GS3s more recently than me.

Is there any option in settings that can help me change this setting?

Thanks, appreciate your help!

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You need custom launchers like Apex and Nova. They both have options for that and an additional little application to extend this support.
If you don't want to change launcher you can still use one of the applications available on the Store.. :thumbup:

[ brvsn ~ ParanoidAndroid 3.99 on Nxs7.3G ~ Tapatalk.4 ]

ml2390

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I see. Just wondering why my family members' phones (same exact model/version) are able to see the notifications without installing custom launchers? And what apps do you recommend if I don't want to change the launcher? TY!

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Strange indeed; unfortunately I don't use any of the apps that you mentioned, so I can't correlate the behavior that you describe.

Are there settings within each app to show notifications on the shortcut?
Perhaps your family are using widgets rather than shortcuts?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the best application for such a thing is Missed it!
But I would wait for others replies, maybe someone is able to really help you!

( brvsn ~ AllianceROM on GT-I9300 ~ Tapatalk.4)

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps there are widgets in addition to the icons. Widgets will show numbers and other things, icons won't typically.
Good luck!