Hey Guys,

S3 user looking for some help.
    All my contact's phone numbers have seem to have dissapeared. When looking at my FULL contact list, all I see is the names of the people, and that they are linked to my Whatsapp account(for example), but when I open the contacts, the numbers are gone.....

This just happened to me, I didnt upgrade anything, I didnt import or export anything....or whatever....

I have tried multiple resets, and upgraded my S3's Software.....

Anyone?
    09-19-2013 07:34 AM
    Ummmm, don't know but I think a soft reset would just make everything fine you may try doing that from your settings menu.
    Dave Hessels likes this.
    09-19-2013 08:23 AM
    Reload the contracts? Are they saved on your google account?
    Dave Hessels likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:16 AM
    Nah, I dont have anything saved there :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Trying now. Thanks!
    09-19-2013 10:17 AM
    It sounds like WhatsApp hijacked your contacts data; if I'm not mistaken there was just an update to WhatsApp.

In the future, if you don't want to sync your data with Google, you can use the Kies software on your phone to backup your contacts, SMS/MMS, call logs, pictures/videos, etc.

There are also apps like Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup (free; works on non-rooted phones) that will backup your contacts, SMS (no MMS and apps and app data.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-19-2013 10:41 AM
    Open the contacts app, click on menu key, select merge with Google, select the google account you want to merge with, and you're done. Note-you can only merge all your contacts, can't do selective merging.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2013 12:15 AM