Hey android central, I recently just bought a new galaxy s3 and its been giving me a lot of battery issues. For the first maybe two weeks or so the phone seemed to operate perfectly normally but lately has been draining really fast. For example, I left it on my desk last night while it was at 95% and when I woke up in the morning it was at 2%... I charged it after and when it hit 100 again I unplugged it and after about half an hour of it remaining completely idle, it dropped down to 88%. I tried uninstalling and shutting off a lot of apps but it seems like nothings working and the battery is still dropping quickly. Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Here's a screenshot, but the picture was taken while it was being charged:
    09-21-2013 11:34 PM
    Hey android central, I recently just bought a new galaxy s3 and its been giving me a lot of battery issues. For the first maybe two weeks or so the phone seemed to operate perfectly normally but lately has been draining really fast. For example, I left it on my desk last night while it was at 95% and when I woke up in the morning it was at 2%... I charged it after and when it hit 100 again I unplugged it and after about half an hour of it remaining completely idle, it dropped down to 88%. I tried uninstalling and shutting off a lot of apps but it seems like nothings working and the battery is still dropping quickly. Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Here's a screenshot, but the picture was taken while it was being charged:
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Scree...XAHWtP86yvfK4g
    Welcome to the forums!
    Bad link. Could you repost?
    For just taking a guess, have you tried clearing cache in recovery?
    09-22-2013 12:24 AM
    There are three screenshots that you need to post from Settings -> Battery if we're going to have a chance of helping you:Be sure you start with a fully charged device and there are no intermediate charge cycles (like in my data - this would be useless to try to figure out).

Without seeing your data I'd have to guess that your phone was busy searching for a signal, or switching between LTE and 3G or something similar - nothing will kill a battery quicker than a lousy/nonexistent signal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-2013 02:11 AM
    This is definitely a Wakelock issue.

Your phone is being "awake" a lot of times (I can see from screenshot)

Check out this website:
    Find Out Which Apps are Keeping Your Android Awake With Wakelock Detector
    09-24-2013 12:51 AM