My S3 is approx 18months old, no previous problems.

The screen started to freeze occasionally a month ago, easily fixed by briefly pressing the screen lock button.
    Last night I plugged the phone in to charge overnight. This morning the blue led was showing but I couldn't turn on the screen. I tried short presses and long presses and eventually removed the battery. Now the phone is completely dead and won't turn on. I've tried rebooting but nothing. I've not made any recent changes or uploads

Please help me!!
    09-24-2013 04:56 AM
    My S3 is approx 18months old, no previous problems.

The screen started to freeze occasionally a month ago, easily fixed by briefly pressing the screen lock button.
    Last night I plugged the phone in to charge overnight. This morning the blue led was showing but I couldn't turn on the screen. I tried short presses and long presses and eventually removed the battery. Now the phone is completely dead and won't turn on. I've tried rebooting but nothing. I've not made any recent changes or uploads

Please help me!!
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you changed batteries?
    09-24-2013 08:41 AM
    rgn2011,
    With the phone completely off (ala battery remove/replace), if you plug the phone into a charger do you see the battery graphic? If not, do you have access to a different charger AND cable? We need to be sure the battery is actually charged before going any further.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-2013 04:26 PM
    I have tried swapping battery with a friend - definitely not the problem as my battery powered her phone perfectly and was fully charged.
    No battery graphic on mine when plugged in, absolutely dead...
    09-24-2013 06:46 PM
    And her battery in your phone didn't make any difference in your ability to turn the phone on?

What model/carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-2013 08:07 PM
    Thanks for your assistance,
    I have spoken directly to Samsung and it appears my phone has suffered 'sudden death' - apparently common in S3 models purchased before October 2012, and a fault acknowledged by Samsung! They will either fix it or send me a new phone in the next 10 days...

Quick tip for all, make sure you complete regular backups of your phone... unfortunately I have lost ALL my phone numbers as they were stored on the phone and not the SIM

Thanks again for trying to help xx
    09-25-2013 05:33 AM
    Thanks for your assistance,
    I have spoken directly to Samsung and it appears my phone has suffered 'sudden death' - apparently common in S3 models purchased before October 2012, and a fault acknowledged by Samsung! They will either fix it or send me a new phone in the next 10 days...

Quick tip for all, make sure you complete regular backups of your phone... unfortunately I have lost ALL my phone numbers as they were stored on the phone and not the SIM

Thanks again for trying to help xx
    Bummer. Sorry about that.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3
    09-25-2013 09:22 AM