Amazing battery improvement with CM 10.1.3!!

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So I'm sure some or maybe most of you are already aware of this but CM 10.1 improved my battery life immensely. I cannot explain how terrible it was with stock 4.1.2. I couldn't even go a full day with moderate usage and minimal settings. Now I can easily get through the day with CM 10.1. I know you guys are wondering why it took me so long to switch to CM, we'll I was kinda afraid to brick my phone if I did something wrong but now that I did it I'm realizing how stupid I was for thinking that especially how easy the process was, but I must admit that I had issues getting Mobile Data to work but I somehow got it to work, not sure what was was causing it though. Anyways I've loaded CM 10.1.3 RC2 last night and I got 10 hours usage today with 3 hours of screen time. LTE and WiFi on all day with 1 bar of LTE and also 50% brightness with moderate to heavy usage. I know this might not be new to some of you but since it's my first time loading a custom ROM, I'm very impressed. I know I can get alot more battery life out of it if I turned off somethings like LTE and reduce the heavy usage. After today, I don't think I'll ever go back to stock.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been running CleanROM and thinking of switching. I ran CM back on my old HTC EVO 4G, but haven't played with it for a about 18 months now (and certainly not the newer versions). Glad to hear the positive review.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I'm sure some or maybe most of you are already aware of this
I wasn't aware - my remote "luqman24 snooping app" has been giving me fits lately; glad you posted.:what:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my friends S2 with CM10.1.2 this past week! I see that 10.1.3 is out so I'll have to let him know that he is due for an upgrade. When I was rooting his device, I got the itch (a little) to root my S3 but I think I would miss too many things that Sammy has me whipped with like swipe left for message and right to call, lol! Is Samsung done upgrading our S3's??

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted my friends S2 with CM10.1.2 this past week! I see that 10.1.3 is out so I'll have to let him know that he is due for an upgrade. When I was rooting his device, I got the itch (a little) to root my S3 but I think I would miss too many things that Sammy has me whipped with like swipe left for message and right to call, lol! Is Samsung done upgrading our S3's??

No, we're do for one more update which is 4.3. I'm impressed that Samsung decided to update last year's flagships to 4.3. I don't think LG and maybe HTC would've done the same.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Root and flash one of the TW based ROMs, like MOAR or Wicked Sensations. Both offer significant improvements while still keeping all the benefits of TW.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No, we're do for one more update which is 4.3. I'm impressed that Samsung decided to update last year's flagships to 4.3. I don't think LG and maybe HTC would've done the same.

That is impressive and good to know!

Root and flash one of the TW based ROMs, like MOAR or Wicked Sensations. Both offer significant improvements while still keeping all the benefits of TW.

Thanks for the info Meyerweb!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance