I get funny text from friends all the time. I like to take screenshots and share those with other friends. However, I don't want their number to appear in the screenshot. When I open a text from a friend, it shows their name and their number right beneath it. How do I remove that number so it only shows their name? Most names are generic like "Mark" or "James". But at the same time, I'm not trying to share Mark's or Jame's number. If I remove the name, and simply text with a number of a person I haven't officially entered as a contact, the number is still there. I want the name, without a number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    09-25-2013 07:59 PM
    No idea as to removing the number but a couple of alternate suggestions. Do a search in play store for "crop screen" -- there are several screenshot apps that let you crop the picture before sending it. Just crop out the name and number. 2nd. An app called Floating Notes 2 pops up a note taking box on top of the current screen (very useful at times). Move the empty box over the number and shrink it to one line -- then take the screenshot and the number will be hidden.
    09-25-2013 09:49 PM
    If you're using the stock Messaging app, look in Settings and scroll all the way to the bottom. See the item "Enable callback number"? The equivalent item has to be unchecked ON YOUR FRIENDS phones, and then the number won't show up on your phone. Sorry, there's no way around it in the stock Messaging app. Rather annoying that you can't turn it off on your phone...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-25-2013 11:26 PM