Hello everyone.
    I am having android version 4.1.2 , yesterday night my phone itself checked for updates and notified me about an update which had roughly 68mb size, I updated it but I found no change in the android or it's version but what it did was start again the charging problem I was having since a couple of weeks, there was only 1 charger which was working fine with the phone and after this update it has stopped working as well..
    Did you guys get this update? Do you think its an OS problem rather than a hardware problem?
    09-28-2013 04:20 AM
    No update has shown up for Verizon.
    Sorry that you're back to having the same charging problem - it's really strange that an update would cause this.

All I can suggest is:
    - clear the cache in Recovery mode
    - then do a Factory Reset
    If those don't help then I'm at a loss as to what to tell you. If I remember correctly, you did have success with charging the phone when it was completely off - you can try that again as a workaround.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-28-2013 04:59 AM
    @GSDer
    Thank you for your patience with me and my issue, all I can hope is that Samsung addresses this issue otherwise I'll be forced to sell my phone. Lets hope for the best.
    09-28-2013 07:41 AM
    Was it a program (app) update, or software for the phone?
    I'm thinking it was an app, since nobody has reported system updates being pushed.
    You need to find the offending program, and remove it. Open the Play store app and see what has recently been updated.
    Of course, if you installed an app from someplace else, that won't help you.
    09-28-2013 09:30 AM
    @AxlMyk
    It was a software update, I am seriously starting to feel fed up of this useless company known as Samsung. Almost everyone I know with an S3 is facing this charging issue and yet they refuse to address it.
    09-28-2013 10:40 AM
    Fakhr,
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Samsung to do anything.

What model/carrier are you with? And what's the new "Build number" (from Settings -> About phone) - perhaps we can find out what was in that OTA.

Since the damn thing charges normally when it's completely off it sure makes it seem like something in the OS is causing this problem. You'd have to see if you could get someone on XDA to help you out with wiping the thing completely and then reloading the OS - that's all I can think of.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-28-2013 02:16 PM
    GSDer,
    The model is GT-19300 and the build number is JZ054K.I9300XXEMF6.
    The strange thing is that I have bought a new charger and it worked fine for the first 4-5 days and now has started giving me issues as well. My take on this issue is that if it was a hardware problem then why was it working fine in the first place? Plus everyone I know using an S3 here (Pakistan) have been experiencing the same issue. How can all of a sudden everyone have hardware issues? This is frustrating.
    09-29-2013 02:08 AM