Hello Guys,
    Wonder if you can help me with the following. My galaxy S3 always seemed happy to have 5 apps (shortcuts) in the dock at the bottom of the screen. Suddenly it only seems that it wants 4. The app is on the homescreen, and can be dragged into the dock at the bottom where it works fine. Once the device is shutdown and restarted the app has disappeared leaving only 4. This process can be repeated and every thing works fine until shutdown again, when it reverts back to the 4 apps again. Running android 4.1.2
    I don't think this has happened as the result of an upgrade as the device has not been recently updated, and this has only started happening in the last couple of weeks.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    09-29-2013 10:36 AM
    that's strange. which app is it?

you might want to try out Nova Launcher so you can really customize your device as well as backup/restore you home screens -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.launcher
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-29-2013 10:52 AM
    Hello Guys,
    Wonder if you can help me with the following. My galaxy S3 always seemed happy to have 5 apps (shortcuts) in the dock at the bottom of the screen. Suddenly it only seems that it wants 4. The app is on the homescreen, and can be dragged into the dock at the bottom where it works fine. Once the device is shutdown and restarted the app has disappeared leaving only 4. This process can be repeated and every thing works fine until shutdown again, when it reverts back to the 4 apps again. Running android 4.1.2
    I don't think this has happened as the result of an upgrade as the device has not been recently updated, and this has only started happening in the last couple of weeks.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    In case no one has said, Welcome to the forums.
    Gekko has a good idea. Try to recreate it on another launcher. Because if Nova duplicates it, then it is something else causing the problem.
    09-29-2013 10:58 AM
    Hi.
    Its an email app. My secure mail

Posted via Android Central App
    09-29-2013 10:59 AM
    Some apps that you install can delete others. I would suggest scanning your phone with Norton or Look out. Hope you figure this out soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-29-2013 11:40 AM
    Just installed nova launcher and the same thing happens. Not making much progress at the moment

09-29-2013 11:46 AM
    Just installed nova launcher and the same thing happens. Not making much progress at the moment

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

Sent from a 4.3 Slim S3 using the AC forums app
    09-29-2013 12:54 PM
    Thanks for the advice, not sure how to go about clearing the cache in recovery?

09-29-2013 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the advice, not sure how to go about clearing the cache in recovery?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html

09-29-2013 02:21 PM
    Thanks for this. Seems that the process has completed, but has not made any difference, still got the disappearing app!!

09-29-2013 05:45 PM
    Thanks for this. Seems that the process has completed, but has not made any difference, still got the disappearing app!!

Honestly not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

09-29-2013 05:57 PM
    Thanks for trying, seems like its only gonna work with 4 apps in the tray!!

09-30-2013 11:01 AM
    What I find strange is that on my stock (4.1.2) TouchWiz Home screen it'll only let me have 4 items (plus the dot grid on the far right of course) in the dock - that's how it's always been.

I can put a folder (with multiple items in it) down in the dock with no issue, and when using Nova Launcher I can have more than 4 items in the dock, but not on stock TouchWiz.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-30-2013 04:00 PM