When Android 4.3 JB coming on GSIII

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Last month when Samsung Galaxy Gear and Note 3 were launched during the conference company said it would realease the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 in the October. And now the rumours are swirling it would land down in the October on GS4 and might take November/December to land on GSIII and Note 2. I have an international version of GSIII and impatiently waiting for 4.3. Does the above date mentioned for S3 and Note 2 are meant for Carrier versions? Will the S3 international version users receive it by the end of October?

Sent from my GSIII

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Last month when Samsung Galaxy Gear and Note 3 were launched during the conference company said it would realease the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 in the October. And now the rumours are swirling it would land down in the October on GS4 and might take November/December to land on GSIII and Note 2. I have an international version of GSIII and impatiently waiting for 4.3. Does the above date mentioned for S3 and Note 2 are meant for Carrier versions? Will the S3 international version users receive it by the end of October?

Sent from my GSIII
Nothing has been announced yet, so it's a little early to say when what devices will get the update. It would make sense to see the GS4 get the update first with the GS3 to follow - wether it's in October or not is not known. I would hope at least the GS4 sees an update in October since 4.4 (KitKat) has already been announced and a new device running it would be expected in the coming weeks/month(s).

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There are rumors it could appear as early as October on the international version, and a Sprint internal document has been shown that indicates a mid-October version of 4.3. That's likely not the final version, though. It does indicate that Sprint has the code and is testing it, however.

New ROM versions usually show up on the international phones first, and Sprint is usually first in the U.S. market. How long it will take to see it for your phone depends a lot on your carrier.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
There are rumors it could appear as early as October on the international version, and a Sprint internal document has been shown that indicates a mid-October version of 4.3. That's likely not the final version, though. It does indicate that Sprint has the code and is testing it, however.

New ROM versions usually show up on the international phones first, and Sprint is usually first in the U.S. market. How long it will take to see it for your phone depends a lot on your carrier.

I live in India and our country is filled with prepaid handsets. So here are no carriers which sell handsets. We buy international versions only because that's what is available here.

Sent from my GSIII