Samsung Galaxy S3 not getting recharged!

Divig

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 about 1 year old. The battery died today morning. When I tried recharging, the screen shows an empty grey battery. This is the only thing on the screen, and I have been recharging it for 2 hours now. What's the problem? This has never happened before. The phone takes a long time to recharge on a regular basis but nothing like this. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the battery died, sometimes you have to keep it plugged in for a while before it starts reaching a reasonable charge. 2 hours probably isn't long enough. Just leave it plugged in for a whole day, and leave it alone.

ben7798

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you either need a new charger or new battery or both. Try charging it on another charger, or on the car charger and see if it works better. The pins inside the chargers sometimes break and the phone won't charge correctly, either taking forever to charge or not charging at all. I've been thru several on mine already. My galaxy 3 charges from 10% to a full battery in about two hours. Your phone should be taking so long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze