battery drainage issue PLEASE HELP :(

nicole ande

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had my s3 for 6 weeks. About two weeks now my phone has been dying quickly. The past 7 days it's been dying within 8 hours with NO phone calls and barely any apps open/running.

Last night I charged my phone all night, when I woke up it was at 100%. I made a 16 minute phone call and my batter life was 15% after the phone call. I checked my task manager/applications and nothing else was running. This phone call was made at 11am. I've now been charging my phone from 11am-7pm= 8 hours and my phone has charged from 15% to 26%.

I tried taking out the battery and going through all energy saving modes at 11am, even after 8 hours of no usage being plugged in it's only charged 11%

wtf is going on.................

It's too late to exchange the phone because it's been 6 weeks, what am i supposed to do?

nicole ande

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
i haven't? i only have 2 apps that i downloaded myself that weren't already on the phone. 1) card game and 2) skype. but these apps were on the phone before i started having this issue.

nicole ande

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
a battery shouldn't drain from 100% to 15% with a 16 minute phone call
people on this forum are complaining about their phone dying after 7 hours of use... my situation is far more intense, my phone dies in less than a half-hour !

Attachments

• phone garbage.jpg
    phone garbage.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10
  • phagarbage.jpg
    phagarbage.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
here are your options -

1. hard reset (make sure all data is backed up/synced).
2. ask for a free replacement battery.
3. ask for a free exchange (although you might get a refurbished model).
4. ask for a new device (maybe an S4 or Note 3) - be wiling to pay a few bucks extra.
5. buy a new OEM battery from Amazon and hope it works.

i would start with the place you bought it. do it ASAP. explain the situation and be firm and polite and ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. you could also contact Samsung.

good luck.

nicole ande

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
so i unplugged the phone from the samsung charger and plugged it in using my old blackberry charger. it was at 26% at 730 and now its 8pm and its charged up to 50%

on the samsung charger from 11am-7pm it charged from 15-26%
on the blackberry charger from 7-730pm it charged from 26-50%

so obviously the charger is part of the problem. one issue fixed.

but that doesn't explain why one 16 minute phone call killed it?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try
SystemPanel: http://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel.r1
or
Wakelock Detector: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector
to try to determine what's causing the phone to die sooner than normal.
You also need to provide the following 3 screenshots
jabybagu.jpg
yhu8u5ad.jpg
upa7e7ud.jpg
after fully charging the phone. Let it drop to at least 50% before you capture the data, with no intermediate charge cycles.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21