Hey everyone,
    So over the past few months I've been having what seems like the same issues as a lot of others. The phone started randomly resetting itself, its at about once or twice a day and can be in the middle of anything including phone conversations.

After doing some research I did the factory reset, tried to pinpoint if it was a 3rd party app, tried without using wifi for a while. It got to the point that I had my carrier (Telus) send it in. It came back and they said all they did was update the flash and software. When I got the phone back, I had asked the rep if she had heard of this issue. She mentioned that a lot of users were having high RAM issues (which I never even thought of). The phone is still resetting itself and I've been paying closer attention to the RAM... it does seem a bit high.

I just now noted a post where someone suggested unmounting the SD card: Has anyone tried this and had success? I have had it for a while... could be the culprit, I may have to test this out.

Anyone else had similar issues, tried everything then found something that worked?

Thanks in advance, since it's already gone and come back for repair I'm kinda at a loss.

s.
    10-07-2013 04:18 PM
    Hey everyone,
    So over the past few months I've been having what seems like the same issues as a lot of others. The phone started randomly resetting itself, its at about once or twice a day and can be in the middle of anything including phone conversations.

After doing some research I did the factory reset, tried to pinpoint if it was a 3rd party app, tried without using wifi for a while. It got to the point that I had my carrier (Telus) send it in. It came back and they said all they did was update the flash and software. When I got the phone back, I had asked the rep if she had heard of this issue. She mentioned that a lot of users were having high RAM issues (which I never even thought of). The phone is still resetting itself and I've been paying closer attention to the RAM... it does seem a bit high.

I just now noted a post where someone suggested unmounting the SD card: Has anyone tried this and had success? I have had it for a while... could be the culprit, I may have to test this out.

Anyone else had similar issues, tried everything then found something that worked?

Thanks in advance, since it's already gone and come back for repair I'm kinda at a loss.

s.
    I have seen posts where it works. Give it a try.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-07-2013 05:34 PM
    ...stumped... didn't work....
    is there a way to try and single out if an app is malfunctioning?
    10-10-2013 09:41 AM
    You can boot into Safe mode and run it that way - if the problem doesn't occur then you know it's an app causing the problem.

If you determine that it IS an app causing the problem, the first place to look is in the app reviews on the Google Play Store: any app with a rating less than 4.0 is suspect, and of course take a look at the comments to see if you see similar behavior mentioned. Facebook is a fine example of what I'm describing.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    10-10-2013 11:08 AM