Galaxy S3 wont turn on, very glitchy!

Garrett Tait

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
okay so my problem started yesterday. i went to open snapchat and my phone just shut off. i assumed something was wrong with snapchat so after i rebooted i deleted it. went to go to facebook and my phone shut off again!!. fast forward to today and my phone wont start up. it starts up maybe every 100th try but then it starts going crazy like im holding the power button, the power off restart cancel screen pops up. my phone is constantly buzzing on its on (while its off) *EDIT: not constantly but its very random and obviously trying to boot up on its own??. i hold the power button to boot up and most of the time i see the galaxy s3 logo and thats it, it turns off after that. sometimes it gets to the samsung logo where it swirls but half way thru that it also shuts off. after some research i found out to try to get into the bios or whatever its called. once im in, the shut off problem happens again. last night i left the battery out and this morning i plugged it in for 2 hours before trying to get it to work.

basically if im lucky enough to get into my phone it shuts off on me. the phone will not start 99% of the time. it boots me out and phone shuts off while im in the bios menu. ive tried taking out my sd card and that has no effect on the start up process. please is there anyone out there that can help me? will tmobile give me a brand new phone?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Will T-Mobile give you a brand new phone? Unlikely. You'll probably get a refurb.

Sounds like your Power button is stuck, which would account for the phone trying to turn itself on or shutting off.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Your only option would be to (carefully) pry the Power button off, exposing the actual switch mechanism. If the phone works normally after that you know something was causing it to always be pressed in.

Otherwise send it in for repair or get a replacement from your carrier if it's still covered or if you have insurance.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze