My Icons at the bottom of my screen are not opening. And one icon seems to have another superimposed on top of it. I can't seem to separate them. Any suggestions welcome. I don't know what I have done ?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2013 11:22 AM
    Stock launcher?
    10-17-2013 11:32 AM
    The one that's superimposed over the other sounds like they got put in a folder together. But selecting that item should open the folder, where you can then manipulate the items in the folder.

If none of the items in the dock are responding then it sounds like the launcher (whether it be TouchWiz or a 3rd party launcher) is screwed up, and you'll need to go in the Application manager and clear cache (and clear data if that doesn't help).

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    10-17-2013 02:04 PM
    Many thanks for your reply. I have been to apps manager and individually cleared cache of all apps. Is this what was meant? Sorry not very technical :-( Also to explain further, I do have a folder of most used apps in my dock and no doubt it is this that has the grid icon of the application button over the top of it. This superimposed application button is the only thing responding in the dock. I have also noticed that on left side of screen at bottom there is a Blue semicircle suddenly appeared, also unresponsive . Also my battery seems to be draining alarmingly quickly. I would love to try and solve this with all your help. Thanks for responding .

10-18-2013 12:36 AM
    This may be a really dumb answer but have you tried rebooting and resetting?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 01:55 AM
    I have switched off and on . Is that what you mean by rebooting? I haven't reset. Do you mean a factory reset? Wouldn't have loose everything by doing that? No sorry, it is me who is feeling dumb. :-(

10-18-2013 02:29 AM
    I have switched off and on . Is that what you mean by rebooting? I haven't reset. Do you mean a factory reset? Wouldn't have loose everything by doing that? No sorry, it is me who is feeling dumb. :-(

Yep. Still have that problem? How about long pressing that icons and see if you can move them.

10-18-2013 02:50 AM
    Sadly long press has no effect.mnnn . . .

10-18-2013 03:39 AM
    You never stated if you're using a 3rd party launcher (like Nova or Apex) or just using the default. Assuming that you're using the stock TouchWiz interface, you should go into Settings -> Application manager -> ALL -> TouchWiz home and clear cache and also clear data.

If that doesn't work, you can back your contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, call logs, etc using the Kies software on your PC.
    You can also use
    Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id...uddrive.photos to automatically backup your pictures/videos to the cloud (5GB free)
    Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id...ikdutta.backup to backup your apps and app data (although I wouldn't restore that wholesale or you may just end up with the same problem)
    Then you can perform a Factory Reset and see if the problem is solved.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    10-18-2013 12:48 PM
    Oh my goodness. . Thank you all. .I have cleared my data and cache from touch whizz and problem is solved. Genius!! Don't know if anyone can help me understand how my launcher (another new word I have learned ) caused the problem in the first place?

10-19-2013 08:40 AM
    Oh my goodness. . Thank you all. .I have cleared my data and cache from touch whizz and problem is solved. Genius!! Don't know if anyone can help me understand how my launcher (another new word I have learned ) caused the problem in the first place?

A launcher has glitches sometimes. Touchwiz is notorious for lags and glitches and clearing data and cache sort of resets it.

10-19-2013 10:00 AM