I have flashed the liquidsmooth custom rom to my phone - s3 on t-mobile.

#1 - The one major problem is that the camera won't work. I had a different mod before which also didn't work. What do I need to do? Go back to stock? I haven't been able to find any answers online but it seems a lot of people have camera issues. This is the only forum that seems to answer these questions.

#2 - I like the stock ROM (swype etc.) but hate the T-mobile bloatware. Is there a better custom rom for me???

Note: I originally flashed the phone because I thought it would fix the search function within the phone taken out of the stock s3.

Thanks a million in advance!!!!
    10-18-2013 12:52 PM
    Is LiquidSmooth (I've heard of it of course, but never used it myself) a TouchWiz-based ROM? If so the camera should work.

Edit: oh, I liked CarbonRom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2136840 (note that that's the link to the Verizon ROM - you'll want to get the correct one for T-Mobile). But I don't remember offhand if I used the camera.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    10-18-2013 01:16 PM
    I agree with GS. Stick with TouchWiz ROMS on the S3 if you want stability. Too many issues with AOSP ROMS on this device.

tap'n
    10-18-2013 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I think you probably already know what I'm going to ask...

What is a good touchwiz rom? I'm looking at Jelly ‘Beans’ ROM 4.1.2 but would like to confirm before I do the install.

1 more thing... do I just install the rom and hope it fixes the camera? OR do I need to a fix for the camera?
    10-18-2013 02:08 PM
    do I just install the rom and hope it fixes the camera? OR do I need to a fix for the camera?
    Just installing the ROM should take care of the camera problem.

Sorry, I can't recommend a TouchWiz-based ROM - I just rooted the stock firmware and then made the modifications that I wanted (installed an ad blocker; got rid of the extra bloat; tweaked the CPU speed to run slower for most circumstances; modified the system UI to add back the Wi-Fi toggle that Verizon in their infinite wisdom decided I didn't need).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    10-18-2013 07:15 PM
    What is a good touchwiz rom? I'm looking at Jelly Beans ROM 4.1.2 but would like to confirm before I do the install.
    1 more thing... do I just install the rom and hope it fixes the camera? OR do I need to a fix for the camera?
    Sorry, I can't help you there Kim. I'm on Verizon and we have different ROMS than the T-Mo version. Here is an XDA link listing all the ROMS for T-Mo. (AOSP & TW) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2088179 There's a ton of them so unfortunately you'll have a lot of reading to do to see what looks interesting and which ones are still being supported by their developer. (Which is very important imo) I've heard Resurrection is a good TW ROM for T-Mo. Here's a link for you. http://www.androidrootz.com/2012/11/...obile.html?m=1
    Hopefully a fellow T-Mo S3 user will swing by to offer you their ROM suggestions.
    And as GS mentioned, the camera will work perfectly on TW ROMS.
    Good luck!
    10-18-2013 08:30 PM