Galaxy S3 screen time out not working

amy1503

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
I've had my S3 since May and I've not had any problems with it.
Over the last few days I've noticed that my screen isn't timing out after 1 minute as I've set it to.
I've changed the time out time to 30 seconds to see if that will make a difference but it's still not timing out.

Has anyone got a fix for this?
I'm not the most technical person so if you could advise me in a step by step way it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me like you've installed an app that's overriding the system settings (Settings -> Display -> Screen timeout and Settings -> Accessibility -> Screen timeout - I have no idea why they thought it necessary to have the same settings in two places).

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Norbu Fnu

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes Same here after restart phone it works for few minute then instagram notification comes the screen stays on even on smart stay it never sleeps, downloaded screen timeout it not working sometime works. Is there fix? This happened after kitkat update

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This happened after kitkat update
Apparently you don't have a Samsung Galaxy S III, since these phones haven't received KitKat yet - you might be better off posting in the forum for your specific model/carrier.

Anyway, if you've received an OS update and haven't booted into Recovery mode and cleared the system cache and performed a Factory Reset, that's where you should start. Obviously you'll want to sync/backup any important information first.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

ksandeep23

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
This may be late reply, but in my case, it was due to 'smart app lock' application. After uninstalling it, the issue was resolved.

Thanks.