S3 can't get to Settings

sgcosimo

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When I tried to go to "Settings", it will launch and exit, in like 2 seconds, so short that I can't even change anything. I downloaded some Quick Setting/Smart Setting Apps but still couldn't go into setting from such Apps.

I don't remember since when I got this problem,and can't remember what I've last did to get into this problem. Is there any way I could solve this Settings problem without doing a factory reset.?

sgcosimo

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted or unrooted? If you're rooted and have installed a custom ROM, that could always be a potential cause of a problem.

If you're unrooted, then it's important to know if there are any other apps that might interfere with the Settings menu. You said you installed some kind of Quick Settings app--was this before or after the problem started? Try booting into Safe Mode--if the problem doesn't happen, then it's some 3rd party app you installed that's causing problems; Samsung Galaxy S III - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support Forums

sgcosimo

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted or unrooted? If you're rooted and have installed a custom ROM, that could always be a potential cause of a problem.

If you're unrooted, then it's important to know if there are any other apps that might interfere with the Settings menu. You said you installed some kind of Quick Settings app--was this before or after the problem started? Try booting into Safe Mode--if the problem doesn't happen, then it's some 3rd party app you installed that's causing problems; Samsung Galaxy S3 - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support Forums

Thank you for taking time to reply. I think I've managed to solve the problem. I uninstalled Android Assistant and Advanced Task Killer,the Settings seem to be working now. These 2 Apps were installed long time ago,when I just got the phone,probably it's their updates that is causing problem. Anyway,I really appreciated your help, and I think the rebooting into recovering mode does help too.:)