Samsung Galaxy S3 - Time for a new battery?

Firefly_mnc

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks!

As title says, I am having some serious battery problems - it drains around 10% an hour while NOT being used, just standing there.
Looking through these forums, I've tried everything - factory reset without downloading any apps, or connecting it to Google accounts; battery power saving mode is on, screen brightness is on the lowest, screen time out is on min, GPS, Bluetooth, and sync are all off... just very basic things going on.
In battery usage it lists (obviously due to me not using it), last two hours of battery used by a device being idle and cell standby mostly...

Kinda running out of options here... Should I just get a new battery or is there any hope to make this one recover from its 'misery'?

Appreciate any help,

Thanks!

-M

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks!

As title says, I am having some serious battery problems - it drains around 10% an hour while NOT being used, just standing there.
Looking through these forums, I've tried everything - factory reset without downloading any apps, or connecting it to Google accounts; battery power saving mode is on, screen brightness is on the lowest, screen time out is on min, GPS, Bluetooth, and sync are all off... just very basic things going on.
In battery usage it lists (obviously due to me not using it), last two hours of battery used by a device being idle and cell standby mostly...

Kinda running out of options here... Should I just get a new battery or is there any hope to make this one recover from its 'misery'?

Appreciate any help,

Thanks!

-M

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest rebooting into recovery and clearing the device cache. See if that helps. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
If not, then I would inspect the battery, and see if there is any bulges in it. This can be simply done by setting it on a flat surface and spinning it. If it spins freely, it is bad.

anon(859166)

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
umm 10%/hr = 10 hr stand by... Not sure what you were getting before but if I got that I'd be pretty happy.

"you gotta be a lil crazy to stay sane..."

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Firefly_mnc,
Have you tried using something like
SystemPanel: http://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel.r1
or
Wakelock Detector: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector
to help you determine where the problem lies? It's certainly possible that your battery is starting to fail, and replacements are cheap enough, but you should be able to squeeze something like this out of one, given the right cellular signal:
ate7y7a2.jpg
a6azeneg.jpg
ze6uge8y.jpg
BTW, those are the 3 screenshots you need to provide if you hope to get any useful analysis.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2