03-15-2019 07:14 AM
55 123
tools
    I'm not getting text msg. notification
    05-22-2017 09:38 PM
    ZTE Max not getting some of my messages
    10-31-2017 01:51 AM

Not Getting Text Message Notifications:

Just goto SETTINGS-->apps----->check all process---> scroll down for Message app----> clear the cache and check the box--(show notifications)

your problem will resolve.
    Thanks Rohit,

From your direction i got my problem solved.

CPK
    12-11-2017 04:22 AM
    I'm also having the same issue with my samsung galaxy 3 since yesterday afternoon. I've made sure the notification feature is turned on the default messaging app, as well as having my sync feature in the settings turned on. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times, uninstalled all updates to "samsung push" to see if that was causing an issue.

I do have chompsms and use it as my default texting app, but have never had issues in the past with it not showing a notification, sound, or LED light up when a new message is received. As Kristina stated the only way to know that you have a new message is to open up your messages and see that there's a new one. I looked on the chompsms site to see if people might have reported that they were having issues (i thought maybe an update created it) but haven't seen anything. This is very frustrating because I still get email notifications showing up in the tray on top, but can't for the life of me understand why there's nothing for text messages.
    If you have a cleaning app on your cell it will check silent notifications. I never found answers and tried everything and nothing work. No one mentioned a app doing it on your Android cell.
    09-03-2018 10:07 AM
    Hey thanks I had been having this issue. I had to dig deep into the notification settings and select show "all" settings but my messages was toogled off. Actually feeling a little silly but thanks all the same.
    03-15-2019 07:14 AM
55 123