ram usage question

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a s3 and i bought a 4500 mah battery for it, when i clear my backround apps i also check my ram and shows i'm using between 1gb and 1.21 gb ram i'll close apps and it drops about 200-400mb ram, i also have a 2300mah battery which i just put in my phone today and it shows i dont' even use nearly as much ram with the smaller battery, my phone as far as i can tell doesn't run slow or choppy and responds fine with either battery, i would like my phone to stop using so much ram when using my 4500 mah batter. My phone is not rooted cause i'm honestly to lazy to take the half hour to root it is there another way to stop backround apps from running all the time, when i stop em it's always 35-54 backround processes running. forgive my lack of phone knowledge but this is all the info i can provide

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Using RAM isn't a bad thing in Android. Android dynamically assigns memory to apps as needed and closes them as needed in order to keep things as fast as possible. Force closing apps that aren't misbehaving is actually worse than just letting things run as they should.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Your battery has no impact on RAM used. If you're seeing a difference, I suspect it's because you're checking RAM shortly after installing the 2300 mA battery, and checking with the larger battery after the phone has been on longer, and you've done more with it.

"True" is correct. Just don't worry about RAM usage. Android manages RAM very well all by itself, and anything you do to try to do better will actually make things worse. You could have 99% of RAM "used," and if an app needs more RAM Android will free some up and make it available automatically. "Empty" RAM is wasted RAM. It doesn't save battery, it doesn't make your phone run faster, it doesn't make apps more efficient. Google's developers are a lot smarter than the guys who make RAM management apps Let Android do what it's supposed to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey