My Galaxy S III won't turn on

Azillea

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy S3 won't turn on

I upgrade my S3 as per instruction. There's an icon came up for downloading..it goes 100%. Then only the Samsung icon appears and my S3 still cant reboot after 3hours. What do I do now

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I upgrade my S3 as per instruction.
Which instructions are you referring to - something that came up on the phone, telling you that an update was available?
There's an icon came up for downloading..it goes 100%. Then only the Samsung icon appears and my S3 still cant reboot after 3hours.
If I understand correctly, the update downloaded, the phone rebooted but is stuck on the Samsung logo?

If pressing the Power button for about ten seconds doesn't shut the phone off you'll have to pull the battery. Leave it out for a few minutes, then put it back in.

You'll need to tell us the model number (ex. GT-i9300), carrier and region (if an International user).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

jarouk

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

thats exactly what is happening to minee! and it hasnt been turning on for the past two days now. what did you end up doing? the samsung logo will come on and then just turn off. and i dont know what to doo!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

i dont know what to doo!
You could start with reading through the whole thread and trying the various solutions posted. If that's too much effort you could at least read the post immediately above yours and provide the requested information.

It would also be nice to know what happened when the problem started, as well as what you've already tried.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

PJRaphael

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

So yeah, i had the same problem.
Mine used to switch between the Samsung logo screen and the 3 UK (Mobile Carrier),
The solution that worked with mine was shutting it down, plugging it in the charger (I could see the charging graphic) and then going into recovery mode (volume UP, home and power button) and then selecting "Reboot System Now" (I didn't have to update the phone or anything)
Hope this helps

FaRouk RahMan

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for you kind help.
settle my problem by using samsung kies
however,
the backup cannot use due to samsung kies also upgrade version

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem last night. My phone had 35% battery and it turned off all of a sudden randomly. now i cant get it to turn on. It only loads the Samsung screen and the Galaxy S3 symbol.

Reloading your device ROM could solve the problem,
Kies Software will allow you to reload the correct ROM for your model/carrier. just put the phone in Download mode (simultaneously pressing the power button, home button and volume down key. Now you will see download mode and you will be asked if you want to cancel or continue. Press volume up to continue), put the model # and IMEI (read from under the battery) into the Kies software, and it downloads the correct ROM and will installs it.
Please note that you may lose your pictures/videos .
If you reload the correct ROM through Odin, there's a chance that you'll still have access to the pictures when you're done.

bewildhavefun

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem, randomly. Everytime I get sent a new Samsung Galaxy 3 (Tmobile), its fine until I do the update (which it no longer allows me to avoid). First problem will be reception will immediately suck. Case in point, ive been dealing with that issue IMMEDIATELY since the update. From perfect reception to me trying to call and it immediately hanging up the call without dialing. To fix, I either have to restart the phone or turn airplane mode on and then off. Then it will work for maybe 1 or 2 calls, and do the same thing. ONLY with calls, mind you, text and internet are fine. But I digress. Now, 1 hour ago, my phone is on the charger and I reach over to open the calculator app. Phone turns black. It was showing FULLY CHARGED before this, mind you. I cant get it back on. It shows the first Samsung logo, then the second one and then appears to turn off. If I place it on the charger, no red or green light shows on the top and it loops the start up, vibrating and showing the battery looking completely empty and then a second later fully charged. I tried to put it in recovery mode by vol up, power and home button. It says RECOVERY BOOTING..... on the top in tiny letters as the first samsung flashes in white, then the second samsung sign Samsung Galaxy S3 (mine is the sgh- 999 from tmobile) but goes no further (whether I release or hold). Mind you ive tried this 100 times about lol. Then i tried the same thing, but with volume down, power and home button. It will take me to the download screen that gives you a warning. Theres 2 options, up or down to cancel. I tried pressing up key to download and also tried pressing down key to cancel. Both time the phone appears to shut off. I have another battery, but it does the same thing. Probably because its not fully charged, as its been in a box for months? Im so aggravated. I took the memory card out and would even consider master resetting if it would even let me, and if it would even make a difference. I also tried downloading KIES on my MAC, but the phone doesnt even appear to stay on long enough for Kies to recognize it. So i uninstalled. PLEASE HELP!!! :'(

supakupa

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem, randomly. Everytime I get sent a new Samsung Galaxy 3 (Tmobile), its fine until I do the update (which it no longer allows me to avoid). First problem will be reception will immediately suck. Case in point, ive been dealing with that issue IMMEDIATELY since the update. From perfect reception to me trying to call and it immediately hanging up the call without dialing. To fix, I either have to restart the phone or turn airplane mode on and then off. Then it will work for maybe 1 or 2 calls, and do the same thing. ONLY with calls, mind you, text and internet are fine. But I digress. Now, 1 hour ago, my phone is on the charger and I reach over to open the calculator app. Phone turns black. It was showing FULLY CHARGED before this, mind you. I cant get it back on. It shows the first Samsung logo, then the second one and then appears to turn off. If I place it on the charger, no red or green light shows on the top and it loops the start up, vibrating and showing the battery looking completely empty and then a second later fully charged. I tried to put it in recovery mode by vol up, power and home button. It says RECOVERY BOOTING..... on the top in tiny letters as the first samsung flashes in white, then the second samsung sign Samsung Galaxy S3 (mine is the sgh- 999 from tmobile) but goes no further (whether I release or hold). Mind you ive tried this 100 times about lol. Then i tried the same thing, but with volume down, power and home button. It will take me to the download screen that gives you a warning. Theres 2 options, up or down to cancel. I tried pressing up key to download and also tried pressing down key to cancel. Both time the phone appears to shut off. I have another battery, but it does the same thing. Probably because its not fully charged, as its been in a box for months? Im so aggravated. I took the memory card out and would even consider master resetting if it would even let me, and if it would even make a difference. I also tried downloading KIES on my MAC, but the phone doesnt even appear to stay on long enough for Kies to recognize it. So i uninstalled. PLEASE HELP!!! :'(

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue. I've used two fully charged batteries and nothing works. My model is SPH-L710.

amandachan

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem last night. My phone had 35% battery and it turned off all of a sudden randomly. now i cant get it to turn on. It only loads the Samsung screen and the Galaxy S3 symbol.

Oh Oh Oh dear friend
i dare to say i have the EXACT same problem. EXACT SAME.
About 3 weeks ago, i was using computer, i put my phone on the bed and i saw it working at a glance.
All the sudden it turned off. And i could never turn it back on again.
I did not drop it into water, or on the floor, on anything. But it just won't turn on.

Have you figured out what to do ? I really care about the info i have not yet extracted from my s3 cell phone.

crying !! It has bothered me so much and caused me so much inconvenience and and spent me so much time !!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

All the sudden it turned off. And i could never turn it back on again.
You're saying that it will not finish booting successfully, or that when you press the Power button for ~5 seconds you don't feel a slight vibration and the screen never lights up?

If the latter, what happens when you connect a charger? Does a static grey battery graphic show, followed by a graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

BigBora

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Same problem here, the phone was earlier stuck at the samsung logo but now it wont even turn on after i tried recovery with samsung Kies.

The battery shows 99% on my other s3.

Seems like Samsung is killing S3 if you update on kies so that you buy there other latest version.

Its a big scam bigger than we think.

Help is appreciated.

S3 T-Mobile SGH-T999 dead now - brick.

pola55

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

i bought a used galaxy s3 phone from a friend and I've had it for a couple months i bought it in September just this month my phone started turning off randomly but i could easily turn it back on, a week ago it turned off and ever since then i can not get it to turn on all the way because when i try to turn it on it shows me the logo and then nothing after that. Or it will turn on all the way and stay for no more then a few seconds on and then it is off again. When i smack my phone around it seems it helps the phone to turn on faster, what should i do? could i save my phone? or time for a replacement?

Dean Sonn

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

I have a Galaxy s3 gt - i9300 My carrier is Viaero. I am in Colorado.

Yesterday I had a notification for a system update, I did not click on it. My phone suddenly rebooted yesterday, and at least twice today. On the last one I saw a message about updating; it finished booting, connected to my bluetooth, and I made a call. The next time I took it out of my pocket, it was at the Samsung Galaxy s3 splash screen and would go no farther.
It will not do a factory reboot. It will go to the odin download, but the Kies lite on my computer will not recognize the device.
I downloaded the skipsoft android toolkit, but usb debugging is not turned on in the phone so that doesn't seem to work.
The charging indicator comes on but the circle does not rotate, and it shows no green charge bar. The battery holds the download screen indefinitely. I don't currently have access to another battery. Any suggestions?
I uninstalled kies lite, and re-installed kies and let it upgrade. the installation saw the phone and made me unhook it, but when installed, kies could not connect; "Devise not responding"

Last edited:

pfedwards

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Had this happen to me as well. Connect to a charger. The charging icon should appear. Turn on your phone. It should turn on. Back to normal.

Chryz Rivera

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung s3 also won't turn on,only tha samsung galaxy s3 was on the screen.i press the power, menu and the volume down simultaneously and the android logo also appear and it says downloading do not turn off target..Ive waited for almost 6hours..but its just like that...still downloading. ..help me pls

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
it says downloading do not turn off target..Ive waited for almost 6hours..but its just like that
Putting the phone into Download (aka Odin) mode doesn't actually accomplish anything unless you connect the phone to a computer and use a program like Kies or Odin to reinstall the firmware - the phone will just sit there until the battery dies.

You can try using the Kies software to reload the firmware - here's a summary of how to do it:

- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google; if your phone had the 4.3 firmware update you'll need Kies v3) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu (Firmware update and initialisation) and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Beckie Chaulk

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Can someone help me with my samsung galaxy. I can not take it to carrier as warranty is over. It keeps shutting down after being left with 40% battery life. My daughter just did the power home volume bottom it just came on for the first time in 2 days. How can I stop this from happening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma