Does anyone else have any of these problems. My phone takes forever to start actually dialing once I've hit call. I don't have any idea how many calls I miss daily because they just go straight to voicemail and 2 of the people I frequently talk to my phone repeatedly drops their call. I have good service where I live. ATT said I need to try a new SIM card...guess I'll make that hour drive and hope thats the solution...

Posted via Android Central App
    11-02-2013 10:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! A new SIM certainly sounds like a good idea. I assume you've already tried rebooting your phone, correct? You could also try doing a cache partition wipe as described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html

11-02-2013 10:40 AM
    Is a reboot the same as a restart? I clear the cache frequently also. These problems have been going on for months and being a busy mom etc I've just gritted my teeth and ignored them. But you can only not return phone calls you never knew you missed so many times before the people in your life start getting testy!

11-02-2013 10:46 AM
    Rebooting means powering the phone off, then powering it back on again. And when I say "wiping the cache partition," I mean the system cache partition, not the individual app caches. Are you wiping the system cache partition regularly?

If it's a big pain to drive to the nearest AT&T store to get a new SIM, your last resort would be to do a full factory data reset, and see if that helps. You'd want to back up all of your data first, of course.

11-02-2013 10:50 AM
    I have good service where I live.
    As evidenced by what:
    - the number of bars in the cellular icon is at least 2 or more?
    - Settings -> Battery -> graph view shows mostly dark green for 'Mobile network signal'?- an app like GSam Battery Monitor Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...amlabs.bbm.pro shows Signal Strength of mostly 4 or 5?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    11-03-2013 12:09 AM