Galaxy s3 purple screen and touch not working

Karpets123

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

My girlfriend dropped her phone on the floor today and the touch function stopped working. we left the phone at home for a couple of hours and when we came back the screen had turned purple/blu/pink-ish colors. The phone itself is getting turned on and the buttons down below is working just fine.
Is there any way we can save whats on the phone, like pictures and such?
Is there any way to fix it completely or is it broken forever?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Plug her phone into a pc and copy the files you want off of it.

Then you might as well throw it in the trash. Of course it can be fixed, but the cost of fixing the digitizer will be more than the device is worth. Save your money and put it towards another phone and a case + screen protector.

That's simply not accurate. It really depends. If you can get a new, subsidized phone, that probably makes more sense than repairing the phone. But if you'd have to pay full price for a new phone, a repair may be a better option. Or see if you can pick up a used phone on ebay or Craigslist, but that can be risky.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You told him to throw it in the trash because it's not worth fixing. That's generally NOT true. Yes, I'm familiar with the repair options and costs, having helped many dozens of people on these forums. I never said you told him to buy an unsubsidized phone. I said that if that's his option, then a repair is a better deal. Maybe you should work on reading comprehension.

What's risky? Phones with bad ESNs. Stolen phones that have been reported and can't be used. Phones that are being sold because they have issues. Is that true of most? Probably not. Does it happen often enough to be cautious? Absolutely.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that guy obviously doesn't know anything - he's ONLY been thanked about 900 times
uga3ypud.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Bethany Meep

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Do you know anything about the Galaxy note 3? I'm curious because I dropped mine without a case too many times, and this last time the screen started leaking this purple liquid under the still intact glass. At first there was only some bars of color distortion one the bottom half inch of the screen but the purple liquid is spreading across the screen rapidly (now covering the whole screen overnight). It would cost me $200 to get a new one with the insurance on it. Although I can still read the screen now, it's getting increasingly harder to use. Do you think I should try and buy the necessary part to fix it, or get a new one.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
It would cost me $200 to get a new one with the insurance on it.
A quick check online http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-lcd-touch-screen-digitizer-assembly-black.html showed that a replacement screen assembly would cost about $200, so you're better off using your insurance.

And for ~$25 you might want to consider http://m.otterbox.com/Defender-Series-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-Case/77-34120,default,pd.html - it'll help to ensure that you don't have to go through this again.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk