Hello everyone.

I recently had my s3 fall about 20 feet into puddle, while on, and based on where It landed, it could not be retrieved for several hours. Once it was retrieved it was turned off, pulled apart and placed in rice. after about a day and a half, I turned it on and it booted up but the screen seems really damaged.

the colors are dark and distorted and the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. Other functions seemed to be working (I received texts and email notifications and such, just could not open them). I do not have a warranty for the phone and it will be 6 months or so before i can renew my contract.

I am willing to try just about everything, including replacing parts myself, because I do not have much to lose at this point. what should I do?
    11-14-2013 04:58 PM
    Hello everyone.

I recently had my s3 fall about 20 feet into puddle, while on, and based on where It landed, it could not be retrieved for several hours. Once it was retrieved it was turned off, pulled apart and placed in rice. after about a day and a half, I turned it on and it booted up but the screen seems really damaged.

the colors are dark and distorted and the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. Other functions seemed to be working (I received texts and email notifications and such, just could not open them). I do not have a warranty for the phone and it will be 6 months or so before i can renew my contract.

I am willing to try just about everything, including replacing parts myself, because I do not have much to lose at this point. what should I do?
    I would honestly look at a used phone. By the time you replace the screen, the digitizer and anything else that may need replacing, you are probably talking about the same amount of money if not more.
    11-14-2013 05:35 PM
    I agree with Golf. Water is very bad for electronics, and even if it's only the screen that's acting up today, tomorrow the whole thing could go belly up.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-14-2013 08:26 PM
    okay purchasing a used phone sounds like a good option but im concerned about getting a stolen phone or a phone that is not in as good of condition as advertised. do you know of any reputable sites that sell used phones?
    11-15-2013 08:18 AM
    I would get a replacement screen from eBay. By screen, I actually mean the complete unit and not just the digitizer . Make sure the word Genuine is included in the description. dutr screen. They cost around 100 and are not that hard to replace, more fiddly. However, there are a lit of guides on the internet and YouTube. Here is an example of the complete unit for sale on the eBay UK site

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=180966201517

I should say of course, no point doing this unless your 100% sure that the rest of your phone is working OK.

Sent from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 08:37 AM
    okay purchasing a used phone sounds like a good option but im concerned about getting a stolen phone or a phone that is not in as good of condition as advertised. do you know of any reputable sites that sell used phones?
    There is Swappa. They are advertised a fair amount on the web. Never dealt with them before. Something else is to sell your damaged phone to http://m.gazelle.com. At least you might get a little cash for your broken device.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-15-2013 09:20 AM
    I'd go for a screen assembly replacement myself http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html unless you can find a used phone with a good screen for less.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    11-15-2013 10:49 AM
    I'd by a used one. The screen & digitizer are cheap, but the LCD can add up and your not sure what else could be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 02:24 PM