Anyone solve the 'can't mount' TWRP issues?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to load a change recovery on my new Verizon S3 and, while it loads, TWRP 2.6 yaps that it can't mount any partitions... so it's useless. Seems like others have run into this, but I haven't seen any solutions.

Phone is new... VRBMF1, and I used the Casual one click to root and unlock the loader. I know it's rooted, not sure about the loader being unlocked though.

Anyone have any idea?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
trying to load a change recovery
I'm not sure what you mean by this - are you trying to load a different Recovery method (CWM) or a different version of TWRP, or something else?

If you want to load the latest TWRP just install GooManager: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.s0up.goomanager&token=yy9FYBzp and then once it's open press the Menu button and select that option.

If you rooted and then unlocked the bootloader it should be good - the unlocker/locker seems to work fine but the status checker never worked for squat.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... spell checker.. custom recovery, not change recovery. I've loaded a few different versions of twrp, and cwm had the same mount errors.

Goo just gives errors trying to download... it's having host problems from what I gathered.

I might go to stock and start from scratch.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok I flashed the stock recovery and it's giving the same mount errors... could it be that something got hosed when I unlocked the bootloader?

Phone boots though... odd one

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've not heard of Casual screwing up anything to do with the partitions, nor the bootloader unlock causing any issues either.

But you may want to go back to stock to see if this problem goes away.

Or post over on XDA to see what they have to say.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Solved...I just loaded a cwm touch recovery and all was well. Didn't take long, and now I'm on a CM 10.2 nightly.

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463