I've gotten a new at&t Samsung S III under warranty. I have only a few days left to return the defective one. My problem: How can I save the 400+ songs I have saved to my phone? I've downloaded them from free apps - mostly Music Paradise. I don't think they will be saved since I will have to re-install the app. It's nothing you have to log into so I don't have an account they would be saved to. They had no idea how to do it at the at&t store, although I know someone was able to do it for me a few years back with another Samsung android phone. Is there an app for this or can I save them to cloud? I know I'm not the only one that downloads free music and I can't imagine that anyone would start from scratch every time they upgraded. HELP!
    11-23-2013 01:11 AM
    Plug into computer...

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    11-23-2013 01:44 AM
    You can also use Helium backup app. But there are some apps that can't be backed up. But it's worth a try.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup

You can back it up to the micro SD card then swap them out with the new one and then restore. Or put the micro SD into an adapter and then plug the adapter into your computer to copy the Helium folder off.

Several options exist to do that.
    11-23-2013 07:05 AM
    Have the AT&T guys do it at the store.
    11-23-2013 08:09 AM
    Theresa,
    If these songs are stored as regular music files (.mp3?) on your phone then you should be able to save them to the cloud (Google Drive; Dropbox; etc) or to an SD card or to your computer.

The first thing to do is to see if you can find where they were saved. If you don't remember where Music Paradise downloaded them, you can use the 'My Files' app to look for them. Assuming that you don't have an SD card in your phone, the My Files app will default to showing the internal memory (/storage/sdcard0).

You can look around to see if you can find a Music Paradise directory or just do a search for any music files:
    - in the My Files app, press the Menu button and select 'Search'
    - in the Search box enter ".mp3" (without the quotes; don't let it put a space between the period and the m) and select the search button in the lower right of the keyboard
    - see if any of the results look like the music you're looking for; if so, make note of the directory that they're stored in
    - exit the Search function and navigate to the directory that you made note of

Now that you know where the music is stored you can use any of the original options to copy them somewhere else. I can't explain how to use Google Drive and Dropbox and all the rest here, but I'm sure you can get help if you decide on one solution.

Note that Samsung provides software for your computer called Kies which will let you backup your contacts, call logs, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos/music and TouchWiz settings. Then you can restore that information to a replacement phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    x893 likes this.
    11-23-2013 12:07 PM