samsung galaxy s3 cant access device storage

NancyZ

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
my samsung galaxy s3 has been working fine when connecting to my macbook pro os 10.6.8
the other day i connected and moved some pics to my computer, yet yesterday i connected it, using same usb cable and i get the message "cant access device storage, if your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB.
when i click ok the whole box disappears

i have read through your forums tried various different things,
-unlocked screen
-restarted device
-un checked debugging, then re checked debugging
-tried my cable for the nexus, same result
-made sure it was connected as MTP, when checking on PTP device wasnt recognized

i connected my nexus and it connects fine, leading me to believe it is something to do with the phone, any thoughts, or suggestioins. i have been using the android file transfer for over a year with no issues, ther have been no changes to any software that im aware of

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does your phone have an SD card in it? If so, you may want to try removing it and see if the behavior changes.

Other than that my only suggestion would be to try connecting to a different computer (Mac or Windows). Perhaps something is 'gumming up the works' as it were - lint, or debris in the micro-USB port of the phone? Blowing it out with compressed air wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

NancyZ

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
ok i have taken the sim card out, restarted, tried in safe mode, still the same response,
"cant access device storage, if your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB.

later tonight i will try it on my other laptop and see what happens, it is very frustrating that it worked the other day.
also, the connection is obviously good, it will charge the phone, and says its connected

any other thoughts

NancyZ

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
well, im not sure what i did, got home, connedted the phone to a pc, it was recognized fine, tried it on mac, not recognized, restarted everyting again, and its recognized now, must be one of those hit and miss glitches, sigh, hope it doesnt happen again

ooh , i had today, installed that jellybean, that didnt help, took it off the phone, maybe that was the kicker lol who knows

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i had today, installed that jellybean, that didnt help, took it off the phone
I'm rather puzzled - there was an update for your phone available (4.3?) so you performed the update?

And when it didn't help, how did you take it off the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Stephanie Rubin

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
So frustrating. Couldn't get AFT to work consistently. Finally found out I could use iPhoto to pull images from my S3. I just changed my USB computer connection from MTP to PTP. You can do this my pulling down the drop-down bar on the phone when it's connected to the mac and touch the button for other USB options. Phew.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty